Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-150 Tie Downs

ccblank
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I apologize if this subject has already been covered, but I searched extensively and could not find an answer to this particular question.

I am the new owner of a 2003 F-150 that will soon be the home to a truck camper. It is the 7700 series, so payload is not an issue for my purposes. I'm ready to outfit it with tie downs so I can hopefully pick up my camper next week.

I understand that frame mounted tie downs are preferred to bed-mounts because of the lightness/weakness of modern truck beds. I wanted to go the HappiJac route for financial reasons and because I will have a relatively light camper. However, the HappiJac website recommends these:
http://www.adventurerv.net/happijac-tiedown-cafd7-19972003-f150250-under-8500-p-174.html

They do not appear to have a frame-mounted option that will fit my truck. The truck+camper will indeed be below 8500. Opinions on this? Thank you so much! This forum has been infinitely helpful in my learning process up until now!
3 REPLIES 3

ccblank
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your input.

I guess I should be more specific in my question. Will the HappiJac frame mount that is designed for the F250 possible fit the F150? I'm wondering if they are only selling the bracket type for the F150 because of assumptions about weight. Has anyone successfully installed the frame mount HappiJac on a F-150 or do you think this could be done?
Thank you.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I got set of happijacks brackets with my FastGuns. You can have them for shipping cost.
No liability.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Torklift makes frame mounted tiedowns for your truck. They may be a little more expensive, but they meet your criteria, while the Happijac tiedowns do not.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.