Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fiberglass Roof

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I have a 2016 Newmar Canyon Star Motorhome with a fiber glass roof.

Any time that it rains or when I wash the RV and even when I wash the roof and hose it down, I get severe white streaks on the side caps of the roof as if I rinsed it down with Milk.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, can you tell me what the fix would be.

Thanks for your help with this matter.

Kenny
6 REPLIES 6

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
hogbob wrote:
Do you guys think Decor is better than Tomsen water seal.
Kenny

You mean Thompson's Water Seal, it's oil based. Not sure I would want that I my roof.

I applied Mop & Glow in the summer of last year, 2016, still looks pretty good and washes up clean. Probably time for another coat. Cheap, simple to apply and it cleans while applying it.

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy, just my experience here. 2003 Winnie Minnie 24 V with fiberglass roof. Coated 2 years ago with Dicor fiberglass roof paint. Held up good so far. Clean with simple green and soft brush each spring... Not sure what is in Thomson water seal, but I don't think it is formulated for fiberglass.. Please check before using.

hogbob
Explorer
Explorer
Do you guys think Decor is better than Tomsen water seal.
Kenny

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I wash my roof good with Dawn and a brush. Then I recoat the roof with Dicor using a paint roller with an extension handle and paint pan. I put two coats on waiting about three hours between coats.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use Optimum spray wax on the roof every 6 months or so. It stops the streaks and it has a UV inhibitor.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Common problem. To get rid of the streaks you will have to either wax the roof, put a coating of some sort on it. Some people use Mop N Glo as a coating, some use a Dicor product, and some paint the roof.