cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A class batteries

atom35
Explorer
Explorer
A class Dolphin 535. I have 3 batteries,, Replaced the 1 for the engine ,,, guessing ,, lol ,,, Have 2 other batteries next to it .. Figuring its for the 12v system. Replacement for Interstate U2300 Battery states 6v. wish i could post a picture ... The cost for 1 batt. is $175.00 ... Just want to make sure its a 6v ... Yes I checked the labels and didnt see 6 or 12 ...
8 REPLIES 8

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would suggest getting red tape for the positive and use black tape on the negative wires.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
when taking wires off I zip ty them and tag them pos neg.

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
Hank MI wrote:
gutfelt wrote:
atom35 wrote:
A class Dolphin 535. I have 3 batteries,, Replaced the 1 for the engine ,,, guessing ,, lol ,,, Have 2 other batteries next to it .. Figuring its for the 12v system. Replacement for Interstate U2300 Battery states 6v. wish i could post a picture ... The cost for 1 batt. is $175.00 ... Just want to make sure its a 6v ... Yes I checked the labels and didnt see 6 or 12 ...

a U2300 is a real HD 6 volt and there expensive;; much better quality and amperage and warranty than costco
however they should be available for much less than $175 Iam thinking in the 145$ range new number is GC2-XHD-UTL
If your going to do any amount of boon docking buy these ones over the cheapo Costco ones

On the other hand if you normally camp with shore power you don't really need the best batteries. Two cheaper 6v or even 2 12v batteries may meet your needs, depends on how you use them.

yes why I said ""If your going to do any amount of boon docking ""

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
gutfelt wrote:
atom35 wrote:

a U2300 is a real HD 6 volt and there expensive;; much better quality and amperage and warranty than costco
however they should be available for much less than $175 Iam thinking in the 145$ range new number is GC2-XHD-UTL
If your going to do any amount of boon docking buy these ones over the cheapo Costco ones

On the other hand if you normally camp with shore power you don't really need the best batteries. Two cheaper 6v or even 2 12v batteries may meet your needs, depends on how you use them.

John_Wayne
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure when you take them out you know how they are hooked up and which wires are going to the Pos and Neg posts. Take a picture and make a diagram.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
atom35 wrote:

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
6 volt batteries at Costco are $89 each.
Three caps are 6 volt.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the number of caps on the top of the battery. Usually 2V per cap..

3 caps is 6V
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi