cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV stuck in sand bad...

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Another situation that occurred this past weekend was that one mh coming into the campground sort of missed the pad and ended up sinking in some loose sand up to the exhaust system. Several of us neighbors grabbed our fox hole shovels and proceeded to did out in front of the rear wheel. Only one side was stuck. Once we cleared the loose sand, we laid down the plastic jack stand pads as the guy had a set with him. We made sort of a short road surface with them. One try and he made it out with ease. I ordered me a set of pads today just for standby after seeing how easy he came out of a bad situation. Just passing it along.
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
23 REPLIES 23

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I have not done it but couldn't you just use your leveling jacks to lift the tire out of the hole, fill it lay down a rug under the drive tires , clear the way for the fronts and go. Just thinking what I'd do.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
justinhscott wrote:

I donโ€™t mean to make this a contest, and *this* is what a stuck RV looks like!
Mine was much deeper then that one is, and drove right out. 7 lbs.
So big a world, so little time to see.

justinhscott
Explorer
Explorer

I donโ€™t mean to make this a contest, and *this* is what a stuck RV looks like!

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
At 7 lbs, you need to be very careful; easy to break a bead. I prefer to stay above 10-12psi at the very lowest.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
AikenRacer wrote:
It's just amazing where a "stuck in the sand" story ends up...!!
Had two 4x4 on front, couldn't move in down in Mexico, Rocky Point, old Mexico man come over drop your tires to 7 lbs. air. Drove it out like never was stuck with any help from 4x4's.
Also got my Subuan 4x4 stuck, 7lbs air and drove it out easy. Hello.
So big a world, so little time to see.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer

Linky

It is interesting that Amazon adds the "suggested" companion item as a shovel! LOL.

It's a challenge to find something that won't catch and damage brakes, clear the wheel well, not damage the finish on the wheels, etc.

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
It's just amazing where a "stuck in the sand" story ends up...!!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
No, she actually lives here, holding up my roof. Clothingโ€™s optional, and she chooses to remain โ€œau naturaleโ€ because the tradition of the shipโ€™s figurehead is to calm the seas ahead by baring her breasts before the waves. Iโ€™ll take all the calm seas I can get.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Do you really have that on your truck?

I think mine would have clothing...
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Like this?

My front bumper wench...........

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
She'd have to be a strong wench indeed, to pull an rv out of the sand!

This thread makes me want to get one of those busty wooden ladies for the front bumper of my van, like the old sailing shops had.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
... a wench for the front of my motor home...

I don't think my DW would approve of me getting a wench on the front of our rig...
My name is Peter, and I'm never growing up.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis12 said: "...a wench for the front of my motor home..."

I really liked your list and ran it by wifey for her approval. She was on board up until this point. I think it's a good addition, but I'll be danged if I can convince her of it! LOL

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about buying 9 fox hole shovels for everyone to help me, Maybe an excavator, a cord of wood, a wench for the front of my motor home, upping my insurance, pick up 10 yards of old carpet. No never mind, I'll use a spotter next time.
Dennis Hoppert