cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wall construction on Workhorse W-22 chasis

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the microwave on my Safari Simba. Before I start installing the back plate I need to know if the studs are metal or wooden. Anyone know?
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
8 REPLIES 8

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a description of the wall construction... http://library.rvusa.com/brochure/2007_simbard.pdf
My name is Peter, and I'm never growing up.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
This is commonly refereed to as a hung wall as opposed to the lamination process used on many other coach builders. They are in fact Aluminium.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

Bruce_Brown
^^^ Actually I think you'll find they're closer to 3" studs. Monaco and Newmar have similar build processes, and the Newmar walls use an actual aluminum studs as opposed to a tube. I think you'll find the Monaco to be the same.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Aluminum studs about 1/8" thick tubes. Try to use the holes from the previous microwave back plate.
While you are at it, vent the microwave/vent out the exterior wall. This makes it much nicer in the kitchen when things are on the stove.

Bruce_Brown
2007 Safari would have been a Monaco product. That would have aluminum studs.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobkatmsu,

My main point, probably lost in my babbling (LOL), is that if you edited your post to put "2007 Safari Simba" in the thread title instead of "Workhorse W-22", I think you'd have a better chance of catching someone's attention on here who knows something about Safari Simbas. The wall construction is the same whether the box is put on a W-20, W-22 or W-24 or even a Ford F-53. ๐Ÿ™‚

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
Rick Jay wrote:
Hi, I think this would have more to do with the year/model of your motorhome than the chassis, so if you could add that information, it might be helpful. You might want to edit your title on the topic.

I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2007 Safari Simba
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi, I think this would have more to do with the year/model of your motorhome than the chassis, so if you could add that information, it might be helpful. You might want to edit your title on the topic.

I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.