cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

7 pin wiring into 2005 Fleetwood TT

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
We are working on a 05 Fleetwood Wilderness and need some help with the wiring. At the main wiring junction where the 7 pin wiring enters under the front of the trailer there are two relays that are wired together into the trailer. It appears that the 12v from the 7 pin wiring may have been wired to these at some point but has been disconnected and we are not sure of the correct way to re-wire it. I am not sure if the rest of the relays are wired correctly or not as the trailer has been extensively rebuilt on the front.. Currently there is no 12v connected from the TV but everything in the trailer otherwise works as it should. The trailer has 260w of solar so 12v from the TV is not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have everything wired correctly... Does anyone have any knowledge of how these relays should be wired, or even pics of your current wiring may be able to help us to figure out how to re wire the relays.

Thanks

I'll try to get some pics of the wiring and post them when I am at the trailer.
5 REPLIES 5

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look closely at the circuit breakers. They should be marked for their ampacity.
Look at the 12 volt DC distribution panel for a main battery fuse. The circuit breaker should be the same size. My guess around a 40 amp.
If you have a tongue jack the smaller circuit breaker, around 20 amp should feed it.
Circuit breakers can be jumpered on the battery side.
There is not really an in/out of the circuit breakers. Use good ring terminals and not spades sized for the post. Suggest using electrical de-ox grease on all connections.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
mikakuja wrote:
Does anyone have any knowledge of how these relays should be wired, or even pics of your current wiring may be able to help us to figure out how to re wire the relays.

Can't imagine why there'd be any relays but here are the Bargman 7-pin pinouts. Wire colour codes indicated are common but you'd want to confirm each circuit though, particularly if someone has been in there before you and may have changed something.

Self resetting circuit breakers make more sense and if there are two one would be protecting the main + 12vdc line feeding the trailer, the other most likely protecting a slide motor.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Relays? No, more likely circuit breakers.
Some are auto resetting and some have a button to push.
One should be for protecting the wiring from the battery to the 12 volt Distribution center.
One could be for electric tongue jack if equipped.

Not sure why I wrote Relays in my post, I meant to write circuit breakers. I actually think I have solved my own dilemma... Of course they would be wired together as they would both be fed directly from the batteries. I just have to confirm that they are in fact protecting the circuits they were intended to protect... lol .. I guess stepping away from a job to think about it for a bit might have been a good idea after all...

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Normally, there are no relays involved in the 7 pin. You could just wire the 7 pin's cable to the circuits it's supposed to go to and skip the relays.

Prev owner probably had something special wired up. In my own case, I had the running lights being powered by the charge wire and just used the running light circuit to energize a relay. That kept the load on my trucks lighting circuit to a bare minimum.

EDIT, after reading Enblethens great post, that may indeed be what it is.
If there are only two connection point on these devices, then they are not relays.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Relays? No, more likely circuit breakers.
Some are auto resetting and some have a button to push.
One should be for protecting the wiring from the battery to the 12 volt Distribution center.
One could be for electric tongue jack if equipped.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker