cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Okanagan or Bigfoot camper

Freeborn530
Explorer
Explorer
Wind storm and tree destroyed my Lance camper. In the market for a used camper. I like both the Bigfoot and Okanagan campers. Any opinions welcome. I hope to keep the purchase to under $15k.
Truck is a 06 dodge 2500 quad cab, diesel, upgrade with extra leaf springs (its a stiff ride)
6 REPLIES 6

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Okanogan 811SL and loved it .ir was really good quality and very spacious with the slide out.
I have no experience with Bigfoot.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Well Freeborn I don't know where bothell is but I think you will find more cabovers like Bigfoot and Northern Lite in the Pacific Northwest. That said, I drove from the Houston area to near Washington DC for mine. Found it on RVT.com I think.
The Northern Lite has a standard queen size bed, the Bigfoot has a "short queen" which is 6 inches shorter. It may not be an issue depending on your height.
I really like my Bigfoot, just wish I was using it more.
Weight could be an issue with a basement model Bigfoot. Mine is advertised at 2820, I'm at 3800 ready to go.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Both are very good, they were built in B.C. so what can I say? :B Seriously, the key buying used is condition. Has the unit been well maintained? Does everything work? Is there ANY evidence of structural damage or leaks? Is the floor sound particularly around the shower and base of the toilet? Rot is a common problem here.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
No experience with the Okanagan at all but my neighbor in Cascade Idaho had a Bigfoot as did one of my friends.They are top shelf campers..I have owned a lot of truck campers over the years and my favorite was and is the Lance,that I have owned.

I am already looking for the next truck camper for my truck and it is going to be either the Bigfoot or the Northern Lite.Weight is a factor as well as the likely hood of leaks or potential leaks.Living in the mountains of Idaho I see alot of gravel/washboardy roads as well as the twisting and tweaking that goes with semi off road.It is next to impossible to keep a standard build truck camper such as the Lance/Arctic Fox etc from cracking a seam or a bead and I am anal about leaks.

Don't get me wrong,there are alot of great truck campers out there and the Lance has treated me very well,all things considered..Trying to find a used Bigfoot even close to my area is almost null compared to all of the others and my area was and is limited to 200 miles which includes Spokane/Boise and Missoula.

In your area you will have a better chance of finding either so be ready with cash in hand as Bigfoots in excellant shape do not last long on the market from what I have seen, looking.

Good luck in finding what your after.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Freeborn530
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Wayne, I will include Northern lite in my search.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had a Okanagan TC. From what I see on the forum, they are nice TCs. I have owned several TCs over the years, and bought my present 1988 Bigfoot TC in 2004. By far it has been the most maintenance free TC I have ever owned. Two windows needing recaulk during about 27 years, and never under cover, until last year. I am the second owner.

There may be TTs as good as the Bigfoot, but I really doubt any are better. I believe that to be true of the Northern Lite also. With few exceptions, the appliances are pretty much the same in all of them.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke