cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pismo State Beach

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
We like to stay in the California State Beaches. We have been to El Capitan, San Onofre (both parts) and some private parks. I have not been to Pismo for about 40 years and wondered how it is for RV's these days.

We generally want FHU, as DW needs her TV.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
6 REPLIES 6

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think Pismo has changed in 40+ years.
There is a FHU section, a section without hookups or go right out on the sand if you dare.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
And eat at Moโ€™s, Spalsh and McClintockโ€™s, Iam?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have stayed in a few places in Pismo the nicest RV park is Pismo Coast Village Short walk to the beach,no vehicles around,short bike ride into town or a nice walk.

Just remember that there are 2 State Beach parks at Pismo

Pismo North Beach state park is Next to Pismo Coast, all dry camping,short walk to beach

There is Oceano Has water and electric and a short walk to beach and the entrance to theOHV area where you can rent ATVs.

My choice is Pismo Coast Village.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nice park but you donโ€™t need hookups for TV watching. Sufficient solar and batteries lets you take any open site with a great view.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
RognBon wrote:
Pismo State beach is one of our favorites. The front section is all pull throughs with water and electric. There is a dump station just north of the park.

yea, pretty sure there's not FHUs there, just W/E.
i'd make sure the dump station is open, as they've closed a lot of dumpstations at numerous state beaches.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Pismo State beach is one of our favorites. The front section is all pull throughs with water and electric. There is a dump station just north of the park.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad