cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you like your electric toilet

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I've got an Aria Deluxe II electric flush toilet. It works OK most of the time. Other than being kinda noisy, sometimes it won't flush and I have to mess with it for a while to get it to work. The manual flush, using the knob on the back, does not work at all. It just spins on the shaft and obviously, something is stripped inside. I can hear the gear slipping.

I'd like to hear your comments and experience if you have one, problems you've had, has anyone changed out their elec one for a manual foot flush? Do you like an electric or a foot flush better?

I'm torn between replacing the mechanism or buying a new foot flush. What do you think. One thing I thought about: My toilet sits on a base (not directly on the floor). With that extra height, would a foot flush be too high to comfortably reach with the foot?

OH, btw, DW wants the slow close lid. If I repair the Aria, can I change the lid to what she wants?
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C
22 REPLIES 22

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The only problem with an electric toilet is that it uses lots of water...on both modes of operation.
2014 American Eagle

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
Water use on my Aria Deluxe II electric toilet is not a concern since I have two settings. One is that the gate will open only as long as I have the button pushed. In that setting, I can flush with as little as a cup of water but I usually use a little more for just pee. The other setting is like a home toilet. It flushes with about a 4 or 5 second flush, then closes. That setting uses close to a quart, give or take, of water.

slemnah
Explorer
Explorer
My electric toilet has a circuit board (yeah, go figure) with a switch that controls the amount of water it flushes so when I travel or boondock I throw the switch to low water. It also has a second switch that cycles the motor or will hold it open for service. I have only had one problem with it in 4 years and took it apart and replaced the seal as the water would drain out of the bowl.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer
Explorer
We have an electric Tecma in our '16 Journey. Yes, it is noisy which really doesn't bother us except for the 2 am pee which wakes up the wife. The Tecma wouldn't hold water when we first got it. Had to install a vent which was easy enough. Biggest gripe is that it uses a lot of water which is a problem for dry camping.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine works well BUT I found a used one and bought it as a spare...so far have not needed it but I do carry the spare control board with me. Hard to beat a foot operated one...not sure why we need all these improved items.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
My flush toilet sits on a raised base. Had to replace the toilet, had no idea they came in two sizes: 17" and 13" (I think). Anyway, insisting on the same brand to avoid any mounting problems, it was a 17' version. OK for me, but for the wife, had to get a step stool. She was not very happy...but we lived with that for a few years. Then, when that toilet started acting up, getting smart here....I got another (yes...of the same brand) but the lower (13") model.

So far, so good. using the pedal was never ever a problem.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Aria II for ten years. The water valve went bad about year seven and we replaced it. We currently have two Dometic Masterflush macerating toilets (four years old) and they work fine.

I like the electric toilets. With that said, there is a little more to liking them or not. As you go up in coach levels, the coach includes more amenities. One of those amenities is usually an electric flush toilet. Most of the electric flush toilets are porcelain with the larger oblong seat, versus round model. The porcelain holds up better, is easier to clean and never discolors like the plastic models. You push the button and walk away, rather than stand there and pump the pedal.

I know many will say they it's just a toilet and they don't need the fancy stuff or care about pushing the pedal.....that's not really the point. If this were really true, why don't these same people just have the seat with four legs and a bag under it.....that would never give you any issues. Just like everything else in RV's, things get fancier and easier to use.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We have a separate half-bath with a manual toilet. Problem, solved!

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:
We have one and really, I think it is too loud, I prefer the foot lever in the halfbath.

BUT there are many models and designs I have a dometic aqua model works well uses very little water and for sure is not loud

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
My coach has one Tecma toilet...it uses a lot of water plus a half foot flush in the half bath...the Tecma toilet once had a piece of plastic go down from the water spout and jammed the motor solid..had to disassemble it totally to remove it...this way I am totally covered just in case of anything. I had an issue with the button that engages the tecma and the new button was priced at 240.00...I was able to repair the old but I traded that coach so I don't know if that fix held up.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and really, I think it is too loud, I prefer the foot lever in the halfbath.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
Don't have an electric toilet but I've wondered what people do if their power goes out completely including their batteries?

Go in the woods....:p
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a Tetford and though it works well, and I rather like it.. it uses a LOT of water compared to the gravity toilet in the half bath.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
Don't have an electric toilet but I've wondered what people do if their power goes out completely including their batteries?

They have a manual flush in addition to the electric flush.