cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coleman Mach AC communications error help

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Coleman Mach 9330A633 15000 AC in my fiver, original equipemnt. It has a wireless thermostat. I noticed that the green system LED wasn’t on, and AC and gas heater controlled through it won’t work. Took off panel, and the green LED on the main box is flasshing twice, which according to the manual, is a communications error. Tried swapping out the phone cable that goes to the receiver unit, but no change. Is there a way to test the pc board on the receiver unit? Am I missing something? I am assuming the comm error means that the main box isn’t communicating with the receiver unit, but the manual is pretty skimpy and it doesn’t explain what a communications error actually is. Can the pc board in the receiver unit be replaced?
Any help is welcome.
'05 Keystone Challenger 34 TBH 5th wheel MOR/ryde SRE/4000, Dexter wet bolt kit
'05 HD Dodge 3500 DRW extended cab CTD, 4X4, 4:10 gears
Mike & Shannon
Son Kasey & Daughter Lindsay
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade
Golden Retriver - JD (Just Dog)
11 REPLIES 11

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
Pennie67, If you want to get rid of the remote electronics and add a regular thermostat, it can be done easily if you have a small amount of electrical and mechanical ability.

PM me if you want to try it, I'll show you what I've done to several. It will cost you about $12 for a couple of relays on ebay and then the price of a thermostat from Lowes. A cheap Honeywell thermostat is much better than the ones that I've replaced in RVs.

Another way would be to replace the ceiling unit with a manual one. It may be available, I didn't check on your model, but all that I've worked on(maybe 8 or 9 units) used different ceiling units to make it a manual, wired, or remote controlled system. The roof unit was the same.
Joe & Evelyn

Pennie67
Explorer
Explorer
We have Keystone Everest with Coleman Mach 15000 btu and having receiver issues. Communications error. Called RVP and the people who made the remote and the infrared receiver went out of business in 2006. Trying to find parts because this is the first real problem we have had with it in 14 years. Would love to find a replacement part or a part to convert. Old model number 8335b676

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
Jetstreamer wrote:
I’ve got the same system in my Keystone Challenger.... don’t you wonder what they were smoking when that system was dreamed up?? I mean,what’s the advantage of a remote controller in a small living space that always has to have a line of sight connection to work?? Always having to worry whether it’s communicating properly and don’t even think of trying to find any replacement parts for that mess...there’s a good reason why that system was discontinued (as far as I know) a long time ago....
I would love to convert to a plain old wall thermostat in my rig, but I’ll wait till mine takes a dump...again...
When I had some issues with mine years back, I did get some good tech advice from RVP division of Coleman products. They were very helpful.

Yep, I agree, and the current tempauture never seems to work well, especially with the heater.
However, I do have to say, in the almost 13 years I’ve had it, this was the first real problem I had with it.
Mike & Shannon
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
Simple is always better, but todays generation wants remote everything.

I just finished converting my neighbors Carrier remote system(no longer produced) into a digital wall thermostat unit. Cost $12 + the thermostat. They are much happier now.

But they will have to get up walk 11 feet to the thermostat.
Joe & Evelyn

Jetstreamer
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve got the same system in my Keystone Challenger.... don’t you wonder what they were smoking when that system was dreamed up?? I mean,what’s the advantage of a remote controller in a small living space that always has to have a line of sight connection to work?? Always having to worry whether it’s communicating properly and don’t even think of trying to find any replacement parts for that mess...there’s a good reason why that system was discontinued (as far as I know) a long time ago....
I would love to convert to a plain old wall thermostat in my rig, but I’ll wait till mine takes a dump...again...
When I had some issues with mine years back, I did get some good tech advice from RVP division of Coleman products. They were very helpful.

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
your system went bellow required voltage and board locked out

Thanks, on the AC or DC side?
Mike & Shannon
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
your system went bellow required voltage and board locked out

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
CentralCoastCampers wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
kill all power to the unit it will reset the board

I had already tried turning of the breaker, no change.
you have to kill both 110 and 12volt to reset the board

That did it, thanks!
Mike & Shannon
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
CentralCoastCampers wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:

you have to kill both 110 and 12volt to reset the board

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:

Mike & Shannon
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer