cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

800w Inverter genny $149, sale ending today

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Now, first, I'm not trying to flame the constant fire of who likes Honda vs. Chinese gens, or any of the other countless debates that end up flaring up when someone posts anything about gens.... I personally own 2 Hondas'...

So that being said..

I'm simply passing on a deal I think is a really good deal pertinent to those on a budget.

Home Repot (that's what I call them) has a sale ending today on a Honda-knockoff 1000/800 inverter genny, $149 with free shipping.

Sportsman Generator Sale ending today

PLEASE... don't drag this off topic about all the complaining of how good or bad it may be, we've done that a thousand times already. I'm just passing on what is a pretty good price on a budget genny. Not everyone can afford $700 for a 1k gen...

And the usual disclaimer, I'm not advertising it, or affiliated with Home Repot.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
32 REPLIES 32

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN
Bob

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't happen very often, but we had power outage in Las Vegas.
40 houses, so probably transformer quit.
Web notification predicted 3 hr, but obviously they took longer.
Since I just come back from 5hr rock climbing, I felt like sitting home, but with no internet, no phone and no TV it gets boring.
So having that generator still sitting on my porch, I fire it up and run extension to modem and TV.
I fill only a bit of gasoline after the purchase, but it was enough to run for over 2 hr. Sure it saved the day.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it's up to $199 with free shipping but it's still a good deal.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
During a recent power outage from a storm we used our 2700 watt champion at home. When the 20lb lp tanks ran out, I pulled the 30lb tanks off the camper. The generator ran 24 hours off a 30lb tank. That is pretty convenient, considering I was away from home most of the time repairing damage from the storm.
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
GENERATOR ON SALE AGAIN

Click the link in starting post.

Bedlam
My local HFT is a much better experience than the local Lowe’s in staff and products.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
When my experience with service at HFT in California was mixed, the latest one in Vegas has less customers and helpful stuff.
Free pack of batteries and 20% off coupon made my day when I needed electrician's rods in hurry.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Another day, another test.
The generator will power 2 of HandyHeater rated at 350 watts each and converter at the same time.
I turned the converter off and tried 1000W microwave
I think due to oven starting cycle, it would run for 5 seconds, then overload and engine would die.
When warmed up, the generator will restart on 1 pull.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
They are standards for dB, but you need to read what is applied to each rating.
Some measure from 25 feet away.
Than there is different tone of noise.
With my Honda 3000 again, the low speed noise is humming, while Sportsman give more of tuk-tuk-tuk, what is more annoying.
Anyway, it is inverter generator and when used for battery charging only (what is my intention) it stays pretty quiet.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Sound measurement is pretty relative in as much as there is no 'standard' of measurement.

It all hinges on who 'measures' it.

The quietest is solar. No sound at all...lol
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even off-sale now priced at $349. it compares well (on paper) to the Honda 1000
The Honda has a noise level rating of 59db
The Sportsman claims a 56db rating.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Generator arrived last night.
UPS must work overtime before Thanksgiving as having 9-5 delivery hours, they drop it over the fence at 9:02 PM.
Found it this morning.
Good looking unit. Putting oil in it require removing side panel, what can be hassle but screwdriver come with it, so did 12V charging cables.
One more time my experience that you can't fill oil into those small things without spill proved correct.
Put gas in it, 12 pumps on the bubble and it started on 3rd pull.
I am spoiled with Honda3000, that starts on 1st pull and seems to be quieter, but I will try to use my decibel-meter on android next time.
Put it on my camper that needed battery topping off and it run for couple hr.
For load test I switched on my electric WH element and the 160W load did increase the generator speed quite a bit.
Maybe having time tomorrow will see if I can run 1000W microoven on it.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Plus OHV and inverter.

centerline
Explorer
Explorer
turbojimmy wrote:
Harbor Freight has essentially the same generator for less. I think it was $88 with a coupon recently.

the harbor freight unit is 2stroke motor, whereas the one shown by the OP is a 4 stroke model...
2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB, 6.7 Cummins
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700
2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
1979 Bayliner 2556 FB Convertible Cruiser
Heavy Equipment Repair & Specialty Welding...