Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 830 on a flatbed??

ChadHubbard
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All :
I have a Ram 3500 SRW with a flatbed installed. I pull a fifth wheel with it using a goose neck ball / hitch. I would also like to have/use a truck camper with the truck. I would pull an 18' center console boat with the camper.

The bed is an 8' bed,actually 8'l 6" long I believe. The bed is 42" high. I like the looks of the Lance 830, side entrance and rear fold out bed. It is possible to set the Lance 830 on a flatbed that is as long as the camper, or does it need to extend out the back of the bed to accommodate the steps and tanks drain?

thanks for any information/suggestions.
Chad Hubbard
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 2x2 Cummins Aisin
2003 Fleetwood Pride 31-5G
3 REPLIES 3

ChadHubbard
Explorer
Explorer
Terrific information.

I thank you both!
Chad Hubbard
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 2x2 Cummins Aisin
2003 Fleetwood Pride 31-5G

smooth1
Explorer
Explorer
The 830 floor is flat to the back diamond plate which is just a beauty cover for the rear lights, side entry steps, and the sewer connection. It is also a 9' floor length camper, but a tape measure will confirm that.

The sewer drops down in the middle of that rectangular hatch by the ladder, so you could slide the camper that far forward. You could cut a hole or slot the flat bed too for the sewer pipe as it points straight down, or possibly cut the pipe shorter & reroute the system to go out the door instead on down.

New step system will be needed anyway since you will be up pretty high and that camper has a 2 step foldout set.

Sounds like a cool idea that would work with a little bit of mods...

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
You need to take tape measure and check it yourself, but those campers have holding tank dropping down in the rear overhang.
So depends how the particular camper is build, you might or might not to be able to slide it 8-6 on the bed.
Even with standard Ford bed I had rear tank, or rather it cover hitting my rear bumper.