cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atwood furnace repair

DH1644
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I had a gentleman test my furnace and he told me it needed coils and a limit switch. I bought those parts but have since moved my RV to a new area and he is no longer near. I have no clue how to get to the limit switch as it is behind the blower squirrel cage. I also need a diagram of what wire goes where. It’s a 8535 model I believe.
6 REPLIES 6

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Coils sounds like the ones in the gas valve.
I would get another opinion.
What does the furnace do or not do?

the coils are the electronic ignition device for the propane gas valve flow

DH1644
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:

It works but blows cold air, not hot. He has it disassembled so I did ask my friend who is his neighbor to have him come out. He used to be an RV repairman. He has all the equipment and tested the parts with his voltmeter.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DH1644
Explorer
Explorer
gutfelt wrote:
DH1644 wrote:
Hi I had a gentleman test my furnace and he told me it needed coils and a limit switch. I bought those parts but have since moved my RV to a new area and he is no longer near. I have no clue how to get to the limit switch as it is behind the blower squirrel cage. I also need a diagram of what wire goes where. It’s a 8535 model I believe.

Are you referring to the starting coil/solenoid? I assume

He called them coils... they are two Round parts with connections for the wiring. It goes with the ignition/ burner part near the LP inlet. The left side contains the blower assembly. Sorry I’m a newbie to all this. I’m learning what I can and have managed some things on my own. I have replaced the converter, alternator and the alp detector and solenoid myself. So I’m hoping to be able to do this. I might have to see if the old guy will come out here and help. This might be beyond my capabilities

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
did you try calling him ?

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
DH1644 wrote:

Are you referring to the starting coil/solenoid? I assume