cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suburban furnace won't light...

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
It is a 97 winnie Adventurer 34WA with a suburban furnace. I can hear the click in the thermostat but no blower operation. I haven't started to diagnose yet, just throwing it out there to see if anyone has had this issue that was a simple fix (something overlooked)

What say you?
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)
6 REPLIES 6

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Just a note; if the furnace isn't getting gas the fan will run anyway.

It was definitely the fan because the cycle won't start without the blower at rpm. I opened it up and it is a complete mess, this thing hasn't been run in years. I will just swap the whole unit with a new on from Amazon when Spring rolls around...$400 delivered isn't a bad number to pay for everything working as it should.

It is my own fault for not running the furnace before I bought it so lesson learned

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just a note; if the furnace isn't getting gas the fan will run anyway.

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Went through the logical progression and after verifying thermostat, power, and LP went outside and gave the panel a good old fashioned smack and the blower started but sounded pretty sad....LOL. It ran for a minute or so sounding like a rusted mess, never got up to any reasonable rpm, and then quit.

This trip I will have to use a ceramic space heater (full hookups) and then when we get back I will pull the unit out and give it a rebuild. It is a 20 year old heater after all.

I just wonder how the RV shop that sold it on consignment could have "gone through the whole thing" with a blower motor this far gone. If you are up in Worcester Ma you would be wise to steer clear of Timbuktu RV service, this is the second clear issue that they were less than competent with.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
check your 02 senor make sure you are getting gas. if it has a old propane regulator it mihght be bad

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
Check the furnace exhaust for a mud dauber nest.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Coach battery turned on?
Purge gas lines?
Coach battery has enough volts?
Other things on LPGA working?
LP on?

Then, of course after the easy stuff comes the rest...sailbswitch, control board,etc. My hot water would try 3 times, then no more. Had or wait awhile.