cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh water fill

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
Need some help, I’m getting frustrated. When I am hooked up to city water I have no water pressure - not low - no water. When I am using water from tank and using the water pump I have good pressure. I have changed the water inlet valve twice. Last one is a good brass valve. It worked good for about 10 hours, then no pressure. I don’t know what else to do. It is like somewhere things are getting plugged up. Does pumped water go through the whole coach filter? Could it be clogged? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E
Al & Jane - RETIRED
(Nico, Smudge & Boo - Cocker Spaniels)
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E with 2013 Honda CR-V toad & 2 bicycles (just in case)
Dreams Do Come True
17 REPLIES 17

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
sounds to me like the air vent line for the tank has become clogged

this would prevent fill, putting water in 'trying to compress the air" in the tank

i don't know why this would affect flow thru the system though

That was my thought too, but if this were the case, the tank would pressurize beyond limits and burst before the water would stop. In fact there have been stories on here of people getting a clogged vent valve and not noticing until the tank tore their floor up and burst.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
mccsix wrote:
You must have the water selector valve in the wrong position, should be on city water in your wet bay, ck the manual for operation.

He said it worked for 10hrs

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, problem fixed I think. I changed all screens, water filter and removed The pressure regulator. I am going to try and refit the pressure regulator tomorrow. I think the problem was a result of the water filter being installed upside down.
Now on to the Oman control panel............
Al & Jane - RETIRED
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E with 2013 Honda CR-V toad & 2 bicycles (just in case)
Dreams Do Come True

MrWizard
sounds to me like the air vent line for the tank has become clogged

this would prevent fill, putting water in 'trying to compress the air" in the tank

i don't know why this would affect flow thru the system though
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what type of whole house you have, I made up one from Ace Hwd that uses Flowpure andSurflow type filters. The bottom is about 10 inches tall and can be screwed back on and sealed without the cartridge. If you have that type, remove the cartridge holder and then screw theholder back on the top. If you have flow without the cartridge it is the cartridge. If no vlow, it's time to follow the inlet pipe til you find the problem.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
aboeck3 wrote:
Ok, dumb question. If my whole coach water filter was in upside down would that cause me to loose water pressure on the city side?

shouldn't
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
More clarification about my issue. When I am hooked up to city water I have good pressure and can fill my fresh tank, like it is supposed to work. After a while, I lose pressure and can not fill fresh tank through the wet bay. The only way I can fill the fresh tank is manually through a fill port in the tank. I have changed the fill valve, all in line screens and the whole house water filter in the wet bay, and took water pressure regulator off (pressure here seems to be very low). The only thing I noticed is the filter the dealer installed was in upside down. Waiting til morning to see what happens.
Al & Jane - RETIRED
Dreams Do Come True

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Have you studied your manual diagram for the water system or thought about calling Winnebago cs?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
All water coming into your coach should be going through the whole house filter. The water should then be redirected to either the holding tank or to be used directly. If you can fill your tank but not use the water directly I don't see how it could be the filter at issue. I would be considering that the diverter valve must be the issue. Is there also a winterizing valve somewhere? Maybe this is causing some of the problem. Water heater by-pass valve? It just seems like it must be a valve somewhere.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, dumb question. If my whole coach water filter was in upside down would that cause me to loose water pressure on the city side?
Al & Jane - RETIRED
Dreams Do Come True

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah what they have said about the WHF.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
aboeck3 wrote:
Fill selector is in correct position (Normal). The whole coach filter is a off-brand, I will check it in the morning.

In your coach, the pump, if turned on, would run continuously if the selector were not in the normal position.

To see if the whole coach filter is the issue, remove it form the canister and see if you have any pressure while using city water.

If you can fill the tank through the hookup, valve set to fill tank, then the problem would not be the inlet valve.

With my coach, if I can fill the fresh water tank with normal pressure, the problem would not be the filter, since the water goes through the filter on its way to the tank.

Good luck finding the problem and please let us know what the resolution is.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a lever we have to switch from tank to city when we want water from a source other than our tank. It's in our water bay and is NOT by our city connection.

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
Fill selector is in correct position (Normal). The whole coach filter is a off-brand, I will check it in the morning.
Al & Jane - RETIRED
Dreams Do Come True