cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beachwood resort--diamond membership

MarkieBob
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a beachwood resort diamond membership in Blaine Washington? They are trying to upgrade us to that diamond. Any comments would be helpful.
2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat
3 REPLIES 3

MarkieBob
Explorer
Explorer
We are platinum plus members already. We got the membership with a used motorhome. They had us come to a "get a new card" meeting which, of course, they tried to sell us a new package. Well, I did end up refusing. They said beachwood is NO LONGER part of KM Resorts. Online it also shows that. So, unless your contract is old enough (ours is) you no longer can camp anywhere but beachwood and 2 other parks if you buy the addition. I wish we were not involved now. Too much shady practices.
2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I think that's one of the "grades' above our membership (Platinum)

K&M resorts have more levels then I understand. But ours suits us.

Beachwood is "associated" with K&M, it's actually owned by one of the McCloud family, but I forget which one (McCloud's own K&M)

In general the K&M family of resorts is run better then most membership campgrounds around (eg Thousand Trails, etc). They aren't deeply in debt, their maintenance is usually done on time, etc.

The only suit I am aware of is one where some people with the Park Models were upset about the terms of their lease and how long they could (or couldn't) stay in their rigs.

Would it make sense for you to upgrade? I have no idea.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
To me, Beachwood is a dump. We stayed there once while we were building our house. There is one section of park models and another with rv sites. At one time, there was a law suit in force but I don't know the current status. Might want to check that out before investing any money.