cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there such a thing has a toyhauler on a truck camper...

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
Wasn't sure under which subtopic to post this so am doing this in two areas.

Tried googling the subject and then went to youtube to search, which was a REAL mistake as started watching videos for two hours but why has this not been invented, logical, rational speculations are allowed and perhaps this will give a maker an idea to create one. Don't like hauling vehicles so that's why I want something like this.

Want to bring an Elf by Organic Transit.
10 REPLIES 10

Bedlam
That era of Fords used the Torque Shift 5R110W transmission on their 6.8 Modular and 6.4 PSD.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
And you know this because you looked underneath it? I am going to take a Peterbilt with a 265 inch W/B and put a box on it and haul my toys on a 30 ft flat trailer with a boat tail. That way I can take a pickup, an ATV, a motorcycle, a lawn mower, a tiller and a chainsaw. I'll have 245 gallons of fuel to burn which comes out to 20 days and reserve for a camping trip. GOSH! I gotta take my wife! That fun is over.

Bedlam
skipro3 wrote:
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/d/ford-f550-camper-race-support/6385475160.html

That truck does not have an Allison transmission.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
In reality, my toys fit on the backseat of my truck. I just take the quad along so I don't have to walk too much.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
352 wrote:
HERE

A bit on the rustic side of I don't say so myself...
2015 Backpack SS1500

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a TC for sale a few years ago that was manufactured with a door wide enough to accept a 4wheeler. The inside was of course open and minimal.

I'd much rather haul my toy(s) on a small flatbed or enclosed behind my truck with a normal TC.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

Explorer
Explorer
HERE
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, there is. Problem is, you give up basically all the conveniences inside the TC so you can fit in, maybe a quad.

Much better to pull a trailer to haul your junk around.
2015 Backpack SS1500