Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinery Provincial Park ...... CLOSED!

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
This is posted on the Ontario Parks - Pinery Website

A few individuals have informed the Ministry of their intent to prevent access and take possession of Pinery Provincial Park. Ontario Parks will continue talks with the individuals in an effort to resolve the matter.

The park is closed to the public for camping and day use opportunities until further notice. Public safety remains our first priority and will guide our operation of the park.

Please continue to check back for updates.

Not sure about anyone else, but i'm really getting darn tired of this stuff. Utterly rediculous. A couple years back, they brought this old piece of **** trailer and put it in the parking lot, staking their claim ..... it's still sitting there, rotting away, an eyesore to a beautiful park. Not sure why our Ontario Government puts up with this stuff!
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite
28 REPLIES 28

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Posts about new closing should be posted here;
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29594533.cfm

This thread now closed.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
It’s happening again!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/pinery-park-indigenous-protest-1.4583161
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
rickm I sent you a PM.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
rickm wrote:
Screw that ****, if you believe there may be safety issues, you send in a few more Ontario Parks Security people, but no, that would mean they'd have to spend more money.

It’s nothing to do with the cost, it’s just not protocol. These days confrontations are to be avoided at all costs, it’s all about de-escalating things.

A couple years back I was at Agawa Bay and there was a large group of young men celebrating the end of an important Islamic observance in the next site. They had booked multiple sites to get past the number of people per site rule but in reality they were all tenting on 1 site. I knew there was going to be an issue when they started putting up multiple quartz work lights in the trees around the site to act as street lights. Those lights were not unplugged for the entire time they were there. There was loud talking, sometimes yelling and singing until well into the wee hours of the morning, etc, etc.

Despite multiple calls to management by many, many campers there was nothing but a single visit by security to ask them to keep it down. That worked, for as long as it took for security to drive away.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
rickm, what is your BIL's name? I probably know him. I retired 15 years ago.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
VE3PJF

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Pipeman wrote:
I don't know what happened but I was able to book from May 15th to the 22nd. Went into site 691 again as my son wants to dry camp down the road from us. He said put in up to 32 feet long and no problem. I'm 35 feet long and fit into 691 with lots of room.There are sites with hydro but we can dry camp and I carry 2 collapsible water bladders and a 35 gallon sewer tote. 691 is kind of secluded except for the road that goes by the front. I just park the truck sideways across the front of the site. So the Pinery it is for the May 24 weekend. Then out to Alberta in June until August sometime.

My brother-in-law retired from Windsor about a year ago .... they camp too. Some of my good friends are LaSalle Fire Fighters

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what happened but I was able to book from May 15th to the 22nd. Went into site 691 again as my son wants to dry camp down the road from us. He said put in up to 32 feet long and no problem. I'm 35 feet long and fit into 691 with lots of room.There are sites with hydro but we can dry camp and I carry 2 collapsible water bladders and a 35 gallon sewer tote. 691 is kind of secluded except for the road that goes by the front. I just park the truck sideways across the front of the site. So the Pinery it is for the May 24 weekend. Then out to Alberta in June until August sometime.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
VE3PJF

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
rickm wrote:
Grow some nads ....

Perhaps the most prophetic statement ever in the history of this site. 😉
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
im booked for a GIANT family camping trip there this summer. they best not get their skins in a bunch and bugger this up for me.

Not a chance for that to happen .... that will be when the park is in full swing and full. Do you think Ontario Parks would allow that to happen? Ontario Parks thinks of only one thing, themselves and their money! Case N Point ..... when they advised campers in November on the Thursday they had to leave the park for safety reasons. Screw that ****, if you believe there may be safety issues, you send in a few more Ontario Parks Security people, but no, that would mean they'd have to spend more money. The people in Toronto have their heads up there you know whats, and this was a great example. Imagine planning a weeks vacation, waiting all year for it to arrive, get there, and than be told you have to leave, because of 3 individuals?? It was just poorly handled, and the people at Ontario Parks should be ashamed!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
im booked for a GIANT family camping trip there this summer. they best not get their skins in a bunch and bugger this up for me.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Pipeman wrote:
rickm, just wondering if you had your trailer there? If you did and I'm presuming you did, how the heck did you guys get out of there with all that snow on the ground? Tried to reserve for May but no joy. We stayed in 691 for 10 days last year. Great site to boondock in.So we booked 2 weeks in Waterton Lakes National park in southern Alberta for the end of June. I guess I showed them, eh...lol

No, my trailer is sitting in the driveway, we rented one of the Yurts. They are awesome. As for the snow, the park stayed right on the snowfall, plowing the roads often, and they have one kick ass driveable snowblower that goes on your site and clears a path for you. There was almost too much snow for the cross country skiers!

691 is a good site ..... if you don't mind the traffic, never have to worry about anyone camping behind you 🙂

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
rickm, just wondering if you had your trailer there? If you did and I'm presuming you did, how the heck did you guys get out of there with all that snow on the ground? Tried to reserve for May but no joy. We stayed in 691 for 10 days last year. Great site to boondock in.So we booked 2 weeks in Waterton Lakes National park in southern Alberta for the end of June. I guess I showed them, eh...lol
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
VE3PJF

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Well,on here for 1st time since the New Year. Happy to report, New Years Eve weekend at the Pinery was good. Mother Nature could have eased up a bit on the frigid temps, but she made up for it with the Snow Storm on the saturday afteroon, dumping almost 10" of snow on us throughout the day, making the Park a winter wonderland ..... last few years, between the Pine and Macgregor Point, we saw very little snow, so this more than made up for the 2 prior years. Made for some awesome picture taking! Sure did burn alot of wood on New Years Eve Day. We were outside all day, and the fire kept us warm ( so did the beverages), and needless to say, my darling wife had to wake me at midnight!

The_Kroc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, We will be booking a site for June