cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swivel Passenger Seat

Grandmabette
Explorer
Explorer
We’re looking at a 22’ Coachman Freelander and would like to retrofit the passenger seat with a swivel mount if possible. The area is tight so I don’t know if it’s even possible. Has anyone ever done this? Thanks for your help.
10 REPLIES 10

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
ours will swivel if you slide it all the way back then rotate outboard. Not terribly convenient but it works if you really want it to. 1998 ford
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
I visited the Dynamax factory and saw that they have both a slide and a swivel on their Super Cs. First you slide the passenger seat to the left and then swivel.
I need to find the slide.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Dusty R wrote:
We have a 27' Itasca on a Ford E-450. The cab seats swivel, which is nice but, the coach floor is 3-1/2" higher than cab. Chin on knees.

Dusty

Yep. That would be exactly the case with our Itasca. The coach floor is higher than the cab floor, so a swiveled cab passenger seat would be of no use if one sitting in this swiveled passenger seat wanted to join the crowd that's "up higher" in the coach area, watch a TV that was in the coach area, or worse yet ... get out of this swiveled passenger chair unto the coach's raised floor (impossible).

What we need is a swivel mechanism that raises the seat first and then enables it to be swiveled ... good luck ever finding an after-market product like that.

I guess that's the price us Itasca owners must pay for our raised coach floors .... which otherwise offer many advantages over a coach floor that is not raised.

When we are parked for the winter I first turn the seats around, then use angle iron and raise the seats up.
It's too much work to do that for just a few days at a time in the summer, and we don't spend very much time sitting inside in the summer.

Dusty

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dusty R wrote:
We have a 27' Itasca on a Ford E-450. The cab seats swivel, which is nice but, the coach floor is 3-1/2" higher than cab. Chin on knees.

Dusty

Yep. That would be exactly the case with our Itasca. The coach floor is higher than the cab floor, so a swiveled cab passenger seat would be of no use if one sitting in this swiveled passenger seat wanted to join the crowd that's "up higher" in the coach area, watch a TV that was in the coach area, or worse yet ... get out of this swiveled passenger chair unto the coach's raised floor (impossible).

What we need is a swivel mechanism that raises the seat first and then enables it to be swiveled ... good luck ever finding an after-market product like that.

I guess that's the price us Itasca owners must pay for our raised coach floors .... which otherwise offer many advantages over a coach floor that is not raised.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered a swivel seat base from Shop4Seats and really enjoy using it. It has not been difficult to swivel just have to move the seat forward and then backward as you swivel. Its a little tight against the passenger door when swiveled 180 degrees, so we normally just swivel about 120 degrees.

Installation was interesting. The standard bolts from the old base were not long enough. So I removed the carpet under the seat base (real pain in the ##@@$). Clean the glue and found there were a couple of items protruding from the floor. I drilled holes in the seat base so it would fit over the items and it bolted down with no problem.

Think you would enjoy the extra seating.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
On our E350, the passenger swivel seat is a bit tricky to make happen, but it does work. I could see it being easier on some and harder on others depending on your particular style of seat.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer

Dusty

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
:B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Grandmabette
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link! I really appreciate it!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes I have,Mine is on a Chevy Chassis but it has been done on a Ford Chassis also.

This Thread May Be Helpful
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C