cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadtrek Sewage Discharge Manual Cleanout - Connector

wabrower01
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Roadtrek RS Adventurous (2006 model year). Does anyone know of a connector to the cleanout outlet which I can attached so when I want to use gravity discharge I can just attach a quick connect hose to the connector?
10 REPLIES 10

Road-Trekker
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
With that adaptor in hand you'd still have to shinny under the rig, unbolt the cleanout, and try to avoid a faceful of "stuff".

I don't know how his RS is setup, on my Agile, the clean out is within reach under the passenger side of the van, no need to crawl under. Just make sure the waste valve are closed before you unscrew the clean out plug, a glassfull of "stuff" is expected to freely drain from it' just open it slowly and let it trickle till dry...but I must say I have never used that emergency drain thru this years.

I've seen someone added an extension and a waste valve there, but it will be too low to the ground and will be prone to damage from road debris...just my thought.
Roadtrek Agile SS: Roadtrek Modifications

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
With that adaptor in hand you'd still have to shinny under the rig, unbolt the cleanout, and try to avoid a faceful of "stuff".

Road-Trekker
Explorer
Explorer
JupiterRT wrote:
Where did you find the hose/connector to Fit? Thanks.

I got it from camping world, it is same as this= Click here.

It connects to a 3 inch slinky sewer hose using hose clamp.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
There are 3 inch caps available with a garden hose connection. Remember that will only allow for draining grey tanks, not the black tank!
Cap

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

JupiterRT
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you find the hose/connector to Fit? Thanks.

Road-Trekker
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a 3-inch sewer hose with threaded male adapter at one end for emergency just in case the macerator breaks. If that happens, all I have to do is unthread the clean out plug and connect the sewer hose; there is no need to permanently attach a hose in that outlet.

wabrower01
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I was not clear - not interested in connecting to the macerator pump or the 1 inch dump hose. I'm interested in a installing a connector to the manual clean out on the Roadtrek. It is a 3 inch pipe clean out, with a screw out plug.

The idea is to attached a connector permanently with a plug to allow no seepage. Then when I need to dump out when the macerator pump isn't working, I could quick connect a 3 inch hose to this new connector.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Two posts in seven seconds. A new record.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The OP has a Macerator setup.
I have not seen any quick connects for hoses larger then 5/8 inch. I believe the macerator info says you need at least a 3/4 inch.
Just found this. Is this what you want?
Macerator quick connect

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Are you thinking something like this? http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rv-hydro-flush-90-degree/36031
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer