cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TIP Question

insask
Explorer
Explorer
Filling out TIP online. It asks if you are towing a trailer but does not seem to list an RV. I know I need a TIP for the 5th wheel. So how do I answer this question? If I say yes to it then I need the VIN # for the trailer.
10 REPLIES 10

Talleyho69
And have a great time! So glad that someone who knows was able to answer your question.

We'll beat you south, but hopefully you are right behind us.

insask
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I am heading to La Penita!

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
You don't say you are towing a trailer unless it is a cargo, boat or ATV type. You get a separate TIP for the RV. I was told that by Aduenda at Pitiquito when turning in the TIP for the truck as I had added the VIN for my fifth wheel.
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
2017 Open Range Roamer 316RLS
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

Talleyho69
I got our TIP on line, but it's been a couple of years. We don't tow.
Why not say yes you are towing a trailer? You are.....

insask
Explorer
Explorer
I have concluded the online TIP is impossible to use. The uploaded documents need to be 1MB which when they are uploaded makes them impossible to read. If anyone has any experience with this please give me some advice.

insask
Explorer
Explorer
Has no one done a TIP online? Should I just say no to the question of Are you towing a trailer? Since there is nothing in the drop down box for an RV. I will just get a separate TIP for the 5th wheel

Talleyho69
We don't tow, however, you are towing. Is there a problem entering the VIN number on line? Your trailer is bound to have an ID of some sort.

Someone with a 5th wheel in Mexico. Would you answer this question please?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
They would be able to answer your question.

insask wrote:
And that would help how???
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

insask
Explorer
Explorer
And that would help how???

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I'd call CAA and ask them.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.