cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refrigerator NO FLO while driving

Vegas_Jayco
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Jayco Super C and my problem deals with my refrigerator. When I turn my unit to LP I hear the unit crank up using LP gas, this is while sitting still. Once I start driving down the road at some point the refrigerator stops working and shows a code of "NO FLO" On one trip the unit worked fine going down the road but the last two trips I have the NO FLO code. Any advice, ideas, or maybe you had the same problem. Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
If the flame is yellow at all while stationary, you almost surely have a spider nest blocking flow, and that will make it blow out much easier.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've heard a lot of this complaint on much older units, but not on one this new, I guess it does still happen.
I think i'd follow Ron's advice & call the manufacturer.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
You are getting great advise.

Between the potential of a spiderweb messing with the quality of the flame, and the adding of a baffle (breeze or wind shield) for the flame, that would seem to be the two most likely possibilities.

I would call the manufacture of your fridge and explain to the tech person that your fridge flame blows out when driving your rig. They may offer the perfect baffle for free, or offer some advise on shielding the flame from turbulence.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
No Flo is flame out from being blown out while driving.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ret_usn
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic had a recall to add a baffle to prevent the flame from being blown out. No problem since installing it.
2004 R Vision Trail Lite
2003 F150 Super Crew

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
What I suspect is happening is that the flame is being blown out. The fridge's logic board will detect that, and attempt to re-light it. It'll only try that a given number of unsuccessful tries, then go into "Lock Out". Once it's locked out, you cycle the system by turning it Off then back ON. That gives you another set of attempts.
Make/Model of Fridge might help us to help you.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
The No FL code means the unit has sensed that the flame went out. My first guess would be some sort of obstruction, a spider, a bit of rust, etc.

Open up the back so you can see the flame and with the fridge on propane have look to see if the flame looks normal, or weak or flickering.

If it works ok on LP when stationary I doubt it would be an ignitor or control issue.