cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Side Mirror Cover Damaged - Anybody Replaced Them?

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it happened, while backing up close to my neighbor's fence I caught the driver's side mirror and broke some of the plastic. The mirror is fine. It's a 2003 Ford Jayco Class C. Anyone ever had much luck replacing just the outside plastic cover that covers the mirror?

Thanks
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK
3 REPLIES 3

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Slightly off the path of this thread, I have a fix for the spring popping out where the arm pivots at the coach door. Can elaborate if you need that. But sorry, no repair hack for the mirror head itself. It seems the glass is available, not the cover.

That said, Velvac replaced mirror heads awhile ago because the white plastic was unstable and they yellowed. I don't know if they have any such campaign running now. Might be worth a call to check.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

LewTeam
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure you can replace just the head part. I had a mirror fail on the driver's side and found out it was not repairable. So, I decided to just replace both sides since the passenger side had a ding on it. The cost of two new mirrors (and arms) was over $5OO dollars. Someone had suggested another option that was about half that amount. Here is the link: www.ryderfleetproducts.com They sell the Velvac mirrors that come on the majority of motorhomes. Good luck on finding a salvage mirror that fits. It would save you a lot of money.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
look up valvac mirrors also on ebay are tons or give arizona rv salvage a email