cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diesel fuel

lrquil
Explorer
Explorer
FYI..Good Sam offers a discount on diesel fuel, which is great and I may have occasion to use it. Here in Central Texas Flying J is charging $2.75 for diesel...I pulled in to a Buc-ee's a few miles further down the road. These places are not 'truck stops', but they are yuge, clean and I filled up on diesel for $2.40 a gallon...still smilin'...
25 REPLIES 25

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
For older coach owners, Flying J may not be an option as some of their stops have gone to 20% bio diesel. Freightliner mechanic in SC told me to only use up to 15% bio. Just for info, do your own research.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have diesel rig you should not be in line with the RV's. You need to be at the truck pumps. If you are a gas rig.....never mind!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Mondooker wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
Branson N Tucson wrote:
The old saying, if you can't afford the fuel then don't own a RV.

Another old saying; a fool and his money are soon parted.

For me, I find it foolish to pay $0.50 more per gallon when I have another good option 1 mile down the road. :W

Well stated Bruce.
X2
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to California. Diesel $3.59 per gallon.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
With all the money I save by using gas buddy, bundled auto insurance, flying J discount cards and credit card cash back, I actually have money fall out of the sky once a month that lands in my backyard.:B

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
You can always do better that the Flying J price, use Gas Buddy and look around a little bit. In five years what we've saved in diesel cost will pay for six new tires on our DP.

Bill

Agree, Flying J, TSA, Loves, Pilot, etc are all higher than anybody else. The truckers have national contracts and get lots better prices than individuals.
2014 American Eagle

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
Branson N Tucson wrote:

For me, I find it foolish to pay $0.50 more per gallon when I have another good option 1 mile down the road. :W

Well stated Bruce.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Google Maps displays fuel prices when you search gas stations also. I find gas buddies data to be incomplete at times, also true of GM. Sometimes FJ is price competitive, there are no universally true rules on fuel sourcing if you travel widely.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
bobkatmsu wrote:

How? I tried to do this over snd over this summer and could never get it to work.

Top of the Gas Buddy home page is a tab for trip calculator. Fill in a start, end, and VIA city, then what vehicle you are driving, what fuel you use, then Change the mileage figures if those do not match your vehicle and hit calculate. It assumes you are starting with a full tank and shows "fill" stations, price, and gallons used. It is not perfect but it is pretty accurate for my truck/rv combo. Click on the "fill" icons on the map to see prices and fuel used since last icon.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

Bruce_Brown
Branson N Tucson wrote:

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
NMDriver wrote:
I get 5% back on all fuel purchased with my credit card.

I avoid Flying J not only because of their prices but also due to the line at the pumps. To many RV'ers 🙂

I use Gas Buddy each morning of a trip to decide where I want to fill up that day and if the station seems small I can google it and get a street view of the access. BTW: Gas buddy also has a pretty good trip planner to show the cost of fuel for your route.

How? I tried to do this over snd over this summer and could never get it to work.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Have not bought diesel fuel at a Flying J for about 3 years now. Thanks to Gas Buddy. Gas Buddy will inform you if they are truck friendly.

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
I buy at Walmart whenever possible. I like to use places that pump a lot of fuel, fresh supply that way.
Paul & Margie