All Florida State Parks in the Keys are Open Now

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer

Media Advisory: Nov. 2, 2017
CONTACT: DEP Press Office, 850.245.2112, DEPNews@dep.state.fl.us

All State Parks in the Keys Reopen After Hurricane Irma

~Florida State Parks across the Keys open for visitors to enjoy~

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Department of Environmental Protection’s Florida Park Service has reopened all state parks in the Keys for day use following the impacts of Hurricane Irma. With the opening of Bahia Honda State Park today, all 11 state parks and trails in the Keys have reopened following Hurricane Irma.

Visitor safety remains paramount as response efforts continue. Florida State Parks staff continue to work as expediently as possible to finish remaining clean-up and repairs. Amenities and access to certain areas of the parks may be limited until this work is completed.

Please visit floridastateparks.org for the most up-to-date information.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate
11 REPLIES 11

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
plasticmaster wrote:
Can anyone confirm if Bahia Honda has issued campsite reservation refunds through a certain date like say end of December or beyond?

The phone number for the park is on their webpage. You can also sign up for their newsletter too.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
I was at Bahia Honda today and asked about the campground opening. The answer was "possibly by the end of the month".
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the Bahia Honda campground is scheduled to open Jan. 1, so no refunds for reservations after that date. I assume reservations for between hurricane Irma and Jan. 1, would have been credited by now.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone confirm if Bahia Honda has issued campsite reservation refunds through a certain date like say end of December or beyond?

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Flamingo campground in the Everglades (NPS) is closed and in bad shape. I called yesterday and was told a very high surge left a lot of mud & debris everywhere. Many of their few trees came down as well. They do not know when it may reopen.

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Long Key was scheduled to close for about 1 year starting in Oct. for beach renourishment and bathrooms work.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I'm camping at John Pennekamp in Key Largo. The campground is open as is one of the 2 beaches. The dive shop, boat rental, visitor's center/aquarium, main concession building are all still closed because of Irma. I don't believe the snorkel boats, dive boat or glass bottom boat are operating yet. They are setting up a couple of mobile offices, one to use for snorkel boat and glass bottom boat ticket sales and the other for a small gift shop. The park lost a lot of trees. They have already planted 100 small ones.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Wolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Long Key is going to be a while.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
There is that day use sentence again, but that's great news for those with winning numbers in the annual site scrum for the winter months.

Yep, that usually means the campground isn't open yet! However it does mean someone should be manning the gate and phones so you can call and check on campground opening.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is that day use sentence again, but that's great news for those with winning numbers in the annual site scrum for the winter months.
Puma 30RKSS

That's good news!!!