cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fulltimers RV Insurance

TCI
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, Natl Interstate is no longer doing fulltimers rv insurance. Safeco took it over but it only looks like car insurance. So, I'm looking to get your opinions on fulltimer insurance. I know a lot of companies like Geico (which we use for our truck), have RV insurance but does not offer fulltime rv insurance.

Any company ideas would be appreciated. As always thanks for responding.

Safe travels
2015 31ft Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel w/3 slides
2015 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500 Short Bed Diesel Crew Cab
1 Cat
Fulltiming since Oct 06 - Sold the Stick House
11 REPLIES 11

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
kenwautoone wrote:
Geico does offer full time RV insurance

But check to see how they define fulltimer RV insurance. In my case, with a Texas policy, the quote I got from Geico had no line item for fulltimer liability (which I noticed only because I have a spreadsheet for comparing policies, and I didn't see anything for that entry--it's hard to notice that something just isn't there at all).

So I called Geico and was told that they don't offer the fulltimer liability portion in Texas, and I replied that it's not a fulltimer policy without it, and the reply was that it covers use of the RV year-round, so it is a fulltimer policy.

I was then told that Texas is the only state where they don't offer it, and I didn't really believe that, and when I posted about this elsewhere, someone domiciled in a different state said they didn't have the fulltimer liability at Geico, either.

Oh, and even after I said not having liability coverage is a dealbreaker, the guy's response was, "How would you like to pay for your policy?"

Maybe others' experience is/will be different, but check each item in the breakout of coverages (which you might have to ask for).

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I was with Miller and had National Interstate also. So I ended up with Geico on my truck and Progressive for my fiver (I full time) when I had to renew this past July. Progressive was more expensive then Geico for my truck.

I had a long email conversation with Geico asking about full-timer's insurance. All of their replies danced around the question without giving me a firm reply that they did indeeed offer it, even though I asked diectly - 'Do you offer full-timer's insurance'. I am pretty sure the real answer is 'no'.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
A full-timers policy provides liability coverage in the absence of owning a home AND it also give you contents coverage for your household belongings. These are coverages normally provided by a homeowners policy.

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Full Time RV insurance anticipates that you sold your home. It provides liability coverage that takes the place of your home insurance. For example, someone trips and falls getting in our out of your RV and they sue you. It also is going to be more expensive because of this additional coverage and the knowledge that you are in it 365 versus several weeks a year.

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't mind me asking what is the difference between RV and Full Time RV insurance?
10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This is the place to use for full-time vehicle insurance. They will shop around for you to get you the best price.

http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have our full-timers policy with Progressive.

kenwautoone
Explorer
Explorer
Geico does offer full time RV insurance

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call a independent agent. Miller In Lake Oswego Oregon or Overland in AZ are two I called. There are several others like C&C insurance. Google them for numbers They can compare rates on those companies that do write real Full timers Insurance
Bill

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're eligible, USAA will put together a package for full-timers as long as you're in a towable (they'll shunt you to Progressing for motorhomes).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
We can quote both National General and Progressive for full time if you contact Good Sam Insurance Agency.