cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thetford toilet leaks after new valve

EricPatTravels
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Thetford Aqua Magic Residence Style II toilet, the water valve is dripping only when we flush it. We have been full timing for five years. I replaced the water valve with a new one from kit 42049. Worked fine for about a week now it's dripping again when we flush. Is there a trick to installing the kit?

Thanks
Keystone Montana 3400RL / 2011 F350 SD 6.7L
9 REPLIES 9

EricPatTravels
Explorer
Explorer
Since replacing the valve the toilet foot pedal was becoming slower and slower to return to the closed position. I contacted the manufacturer there advice was to use 100% silicone grease on the valve parts and toilet. I removed the valve used grease and replaced no leaks.

EricPatTravels
Explorer
Explorer
Update still drips when flushed will contact manufacturer for help and replace value depending on outcome maybe I damaged it?

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I've changed the valve twice on my toilet now in 2 years for the same problem (same toilet as the OP's), as well as the flapper seal this summer. I have never changed a valve on any other toilet in any of the RV's I have ever owned.

I have read this model toilet is a bit of a problem child; next time the entire unit will be getting replaced.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

EricPatTravels
Explorer
Explorer
Just checked the foot pedal, the notches that operate the valves have a little damage removed the damage with my pocket knife seams to be working now.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you got a defective valve - call Thetford or the seller - my guess is that they would send you new valve. Stuff happens.
Kevin

EricPatTravels
Explorer
Explorer
Its the water valve for sure not the vacuum breaker leaking the vacuum breaker was replaced about three months ago. Just checked it the water valve is dripping only when flushed.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
look and see if it is the vacume breaker leaking on the toilet and not the valve

EricPatTravels
Explorer
Explorer
Yes

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
do you have a water regulator on?