cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen leprochaun water heater bypass

Devilstrip
Explorer
Explorer
Can’t seem to find my water heater bypass valve for our new (2017) Leprechaun. The water heater is located below the frig and doesn’t have any access where I can find a bypass valve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:h
8 REPLIES 8

freekie
Explorer
Explorer
No that's how mine works. I shut off the valve at the fresh water tank under the bed, put a short siphon hose from the hose connection into the jug of antifreeze and turn on the pump. If it siphons from your fresh water tank it should siphon from outside jug as long as that valve at tank is in bypass.

You have it done now but that is how it should work. Sorry couldn't of been of more assistance

Jim

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
freekie wrote:
Out side at the water hook up is a blue lever. Down is for city water, to the left is Tank fill/Winterize. Switch it to tank fill/winterize and use the pump button that's there at the water connection to turn on the pump.

Yep, tried that and it didn't work. I thought maybe I needed an external pump.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

freekie
Explorer
Explorer
Out side at the water hook up is a blue lever. Down is for city water, to the left is Tank fill/Winterize. Switch it to tank fill/winterize and use the pump button that's there at the water connection to turn on the pump.

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
The single valve at the water tank should be the selection for Tank or Winterize. The handle should point to the tank to draw from there, or the hose to draw from a antifreeze bottle. I assume you know all that, just reiterating. Since you implied the pump drew antifreeze from the fresh water tank after you dumped in antifreeze, I assume that you didn't switch that valve and it was left on tank?

Sometimes my pump won't draw initially from the antifreeze bottle so I pull the hose vertically and use a funnel to pour antifreeze down the hose to the pump, which resets the pump prime.

Hope that works for you.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Found the bypass valve. I had to remove a wood vent panel from beneath the fridge to access it. Found the three low point drains in the basement, behind a panel, next to the water pump. Also found the single valve on the fresh water tank under the bed. Was not able to get the antifreeze to suck into the fresh water fill so in frustration I dumped the antifreeze into the fresh water tank and opened the valve. This eventually worked and I will have to flush out the pink stuff in the spring.

Still not sure why I wasn't able to suck the antifreeze into the fresh water fill with the pump running. What else am I missing?

Thanks to all for your help.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

freekie
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 32 foot leprechaun 319mb. My Water heater bypass valves are right behind the water heater. Remove the panel under the stove or under the fridge you should see 3 valves there.
The low point drains are under the shower floor. Remove the panel to access them. Then theres 1 more valve at the fresh water tank to shut off. Now your ready to suck anti freeze in from out at the water hook up.

Hope this helps

Jim

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
I think it depends on the model. In mine I believe it is under the U-dinette.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If there's a drawer under or next to the fridge on the inside, try removing it and looking under or behind it. There may also be an access panel that is held in with some screws, maybe behind a cabinet door (and maybe not).