Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Florida's Busy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Florida's Busy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
John I Haggerty

New WIndsor, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/17 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes Florida is busy, but I don't see it that way. I live year round in a RV Resort in Sarasota. During the winter there are more than enough activities within the resort to keep me busy. We don't leave the resort much during the winter. I still try to get to the bay to fish once a week, but I time it to avoid traffic. After the snow birds leave, the area clams nicely allowing enjoyment of the famous beaches and water.

2008 Keystone Cougar 31BHS

2008 Ram 3500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Inferno Red, Khaki leather, CTD, 68RFE
Trailer tow, Anti-spin, Sunroof, Tube steps, DVD based GPS, etc...

soren

Lancaster County PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GoPackGo wrote:

I stayed at Williston Crossings one winter and can highly recommend them. Great place and gets top reviews. Only about 20 miles from Gainesville and not too far to get to the west coast. And I don't agree at all with the tone of one of the previous comments about Williston Crossings. People who stay 4-6 months during the winter tend to view these resorts as their 'home', not as a temporary campground. They come back year after year. I do know some people did tend to make improvements (laid down golf grass sod, etc.) to their individual sites, etc. So what ? It DOES look nice. The RV resort I'm in now uses crushed shell for ther individual sites and some people have used their own funds to replace it with cement ! Who cares ? People must like it here because they have about 500 sites and it's full all winter.

My .02

I just bumped into this thread, after being away from the forum a while. I just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding here. First, I was stating facts, not opinions. I actually ran into several folks who were so unhappy with some of the bizarrely rude behavior in the office, that they vowed to never return. I saw it in the office, and to a lesser degree, out in the park. Second, the "volunteer time" I speak of is totally uncompensated labor, done to maintain and improve the actual privately owned park, NOT a seasonal site that you occupy year after year. This is NOT workcamping, this is putting in days a week as a carpenter, grounds keeper, laborer, etc...with zero compensation, and no obvious logic behind doing so.
As I stated previously, it's a beautiful park, with a lot of great, friendly guests. It does however have a few quirks to be aware of. I spent a season there, and enjoyed it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Florida's Busy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS