cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems!

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so it’s been a few years now since TPMS became mainstream on Vehicles!

Can any of you tell me which is the absolute best system for use on a 38 Foot Diesel Pusher towing a Honda CRV?
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD
12 REPLIES 12

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
If I may ask a question...

Do they use monitoring on 18-wheel big rigs? If no, why not?

Yes they do and I believe that is where Pressure Pro first marketed TPMS systems.

Thank you, sir.
If I have a gunny sack full of dope money thrown through the back window a monitoring system has now become high on my list.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I have the tire minder system that allows multiple configurations when towing. It lets me select either of the trailers I normally tow. For a MH towing a toad, it is easy to have it not monitor the toad when your not towing it.

I've had it for about a year now and it's been great. easy to set for either trailer I tow. Has the information for each trailer stored and just select which one.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
I decided on the TireMinder and bought the A1A model. Its psi readings are usually within 2 psi of the manual tire gauge readings the few times I tried it (keep tires at 105 psi). One of the main reasons I went with TireMinder is our friends have used one (older model TireMinder) for about 3-4 years on their 38 foot diesel pusher and the Jeep Wrangler toad. He highly recommended it and my limited experience thus far has been excellent. It's very easy to install. Alarms for fast leaks, slower leaks, low pressure (15% or more less than base pressure you set), high pressure (over 20% more than base pressure you set) and high temperature over 167 degrees.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
I have an EEZ TPMS. Has worked fine for 3 years now. I'm expecting to have to swap out the batteries soon. Whichever one you decide on, do it! My view is TPMSs should be standard on campers as RVs tend to travel long distances every day and a morning pressure check may be fine but a nail picked up leaving the campground has plenty of time on a long drive to leak the tire down to the danger zone and fail the tire at speed. On a trip to the store in your car, you'd just come back out to find a flat tire.

GWV_titan
Explorer
Explorer
anyone install the new pressure pro pulse monitor?

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Yes they do and I believe that is where Pressure Pro first marketed TPMS systems.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You might try searching this Forum for `tpms' then search the results for `best' and read on.
Another way is to search only in the Class A section for tpms then best as described above.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pressure Pro. My system is 10 years old and works fine.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Pressure Pro TPMS.

It only takes 15 minutes to notify of a signal loss where some of the competitors take 1 hour.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
seekingsunnyskies wrote:
TST TPMS

X2

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
i'm sure you will get a lot of responses but if you do a search of the archives you'll find more. this is one of the most common questions asked on this forum. good luck.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle