cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tioga Fresh Water Tank

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone here with a 2005 to 2008 Tioga. I am going to see a 31 SL this week. I do have a major concern. According to the brochure the fresh water tank is 30 gallons. In 09 this was increased to 50 gallons. Is that correct or maybe just a mistake in the brochure?? Thanks

Moisheh
9 REPLIES 9

JNorton
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine with a 48 gallon tank. R-RVB491
http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/802/48-gallon-rv-water-tank-rvb491

I had to move the center brace under the bed to just behind the converter. Leaving just enough room for the duplex wiring. Everything fit. Barely.
John
2008 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31W E450 V10

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
I fill my fresh water tank up before I leave so I don't have to hear the water sloshing back and forth.

tiogaearl31
Explorer
Explorer
My 08 tioga Ranger 31W has a 44 gallon water tank. (mfg in 07 They went to the larger tank in 2010 (mfg in 09) First year Ford made the bolder, larger front end.
Mine is located under the bed. The larger tanks are in the slide out according to the dealer where I bought mine.
Wife and I go 2-3 days without refilling. We both shower everyday.
Hope this helps.
Earl

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't forget to include the water in the water heater whenever you add up total freshwater capacity, as water heater water is needed for various uses in the RV just as the water in the main fresh water tank is needed.

So, your Tioga probably has an actual 36 gallons of fresh water capacity .... 30 gallons in the main tank and 6 gallons in the water heater. You can even use the water in the water heater to drink if you leave the water heater off for awhile so it's water is cool when exiting any hot water faucet.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
Different styles for different folks. What is best for you may not be best for someone else. We may be God's creatures, but we are all different. Such is life. In 25 plus years of rv'ing, my method has worked for me. Again, my method is not your method. Just saying...

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
4X4van wrote:
I've never understood traveling without a full tank of water. I boondock during the winter, and FHU during the summer; I ALWAYS fill my water prior to leaving home. You never know when the campground you're headed to may have a problem with their water system. You never know when you may be broke down for a few days and need to have water available. You never know... Unless you are really close to your GWVR or GCWR, there's really no downside to it. 250lbs is not going to make any measurable difference in handling or MPG.

X2 ... very well put. We always leave home trying to be ready for anything, with the concept that each RV trip is - or might turn out to be - a bit of an expedition.

We start out with all tanks full that should be full and all tanks empty that should be empty.

Our 24 foot Class carries 45 gallons of fresh water and I wish it carried at least 23 gallons more, because - not counting loss through sweating and use of the outside shower - our 29 gallon grey tank plus our 39 gallon black tank can handle all of those 45 gallons that start out as fresh water plus 23 gallons more. We can always offload grey water into the black tank if grey water gets ahead of black water.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
I've never understood traveling without a full tank of water. I boondock during the winter, and FHU during the summer; I ALWAYS fill my water prior to leaving home. You never know when the campground you're headed to may have a problem with their water system. You never know when you may be broke down for a few days and need to have water available. You never know... Unless you are really close to your GWVR or GCWR, there's really no downside to it. 250lbs is not going to make any measurable difference in handling or MPG. I don't know anyone in our group (at least 7 rigs) that doesn't travel with a full tank.

My last RV, a '88 Jamboree class C, had a 30 gallon tank. With a family, we had to be really careful when boondocking. I now have a class A; sure love the 84 gal of fresh water!!
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

cgmartine
Explorer
Explorer
My 2008 Tioga 31M, has 30 gallons. These Class C's did not come with 50 gallon tanks. That said, what be your concern? I doubt too many of us travel with a full tank down the road because it just adds too much weight. We just fill up when we go off the grid. I have never found 30 gallons to be insufficient, unless you dry camp 100% of the time and have no access to water for days and days. You just have to manage the water.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 2006 Tioga 26Q has a 30 Gallon fresh water tank.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C