cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck with 5th wheel hitch rental

krleake
Explorer
Explorer
Long story short, my truck broke down and we have a camping trip coming up this weekend. Does anyone know of places that rent a 3/4 or 1 ton truck with a 5th wheel hitch (or at least rails so I can use my hitch)? I've looked all over and can't find anyone that does this. I'm glad I was only 60 miles from home when it broke down. Got both towed home, but if I was farther it would be nearly impossible to have gotten my camper home. Surely there is somewhere that rents a pickup with hitch for this purpose.
7 REPLIES 7

krleake
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up renting a 1/2 ton pickup and planning to tent camp off my little 6x12 trailer. Turns out, they gave me a 2017 F250 diesel! If only it had a hitch or rails I would have been set! They did tell me I couldn't pull anything with it. It pulled my little trailer with ease and we was able to go on our trip. I did not find anyone else that rented anything close to what I needed.

krenzvl
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I know it's been a year, but I'm in the same predicament! How did it work out for you? I live in suburban Chicago, so I hope the person was right about the N. IN Enterprise. I checked here and they only do it for long-term rentals. I'm calling Indiana in the morning!

krleake
Explorer
Explorer
Premier looks to be monthly commercial only. I'm striking out so far. I'm down to trying to rent an SUV or similar that I can pull my little trailer behind and camp. Our Fusion isn't up for pulling a 2500lb trailer for 3hrs.

Bamoose50
Explorer
Explorer
Try Premier Truck Rental, I think there is one in Oklahoma.
All of the Enterprises around northern Indiana rent 1tons with fifth wheel rails in them, but that could be because of all RVs made here.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Look for an RV transporter, Several of our friends use them to move their 5th wheel from one spot to another.

We were able to borrow a friends tow vehicle when our truck broke the day before we had to leave on a trip. I had the oil changed, full tank of gas and the truck washed and wax as a thank you when we got back.

krleake
Explorer
Explorer
Gooseneck only, no 5th wheel. I could do an adapter, but that adds about $500 or so to the cost.

Bamoose50
Explorer
Explorer
Enterprise rental does