cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good thing I'm not in a hurry

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
I needed a couple of tubes of Alpha Sealant in Beige. While sitting at the campground I did a quick Google search and Camping World was the first thing that popped up as having the beige in stock, so I ordered 3 tubes. That was last Thursday, early in the morning, my card was charged on Friday. I went to the website a few minutes ago and checked order status, and the order is still "awaiting shipping".

5 days and still awaiting shipping (which also had to be paid for) for an in stock item? The more things change, the more they stay the same. Slow Camping World Service as per usual and as experienced in the past. Since my last purchase a year or two ago which was a slow process, I thought maybe something had changed.......I guess not. Its odd how CW can take so long, and most other online retailers get items shipped out within 24 hours, usually faster. Should have known better I guess

That's it Camping World, I'm done.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?
21 REPLIES 21

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wipe your chin.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
1968mooney wrote:
Funny, you b###h, moan, and groan. Camping World just s keeps on selling more and making more money. Makes you look kind of foolish, don't it?

Are you paid by the post or by the word?

I've been wondering that too:B

Up yours too.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Jarlaxle wrote:
1968mooney wrote:
Funny, you b###h, moan, and groan. Camping World just s keeps on selling more and making more money. Makes you look kind of foolish, don't it?

I've been wondering that too:B
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
McKannick wrote:
Why is this particular **** so insanely expensive? Dicor stuff is like $13 a tube, cheapest I find this **** is like $43.83 each!
RV Part Shop

LOL.....a little pricey.

That's the old product I believe for when Alpha was supplying EPDM and TPO, before Superflex. I tried Dicor lap sealant on the Superflex and it did cause some type of reaction like I had heard it would with the Superflex, as in some minor bubbling of the membrane. One things for certain, a lot of MANUFACTURERS are using the Superflex, supposedly Northwood and Outdoors RV also in addition to Forest River. I sort of like it. Long term durability unknown, I guess we'll know that in a few years. Everyone knows the RV manufacturers look at cheap VS good as rule. Its very easy to keep clean and the sealant seems to be easier to work with than the Dicor.

Two previous hybrids we had with EPDM roofs, a 2011 and a 2013, both required touchups due to sealants cracking after two seasons. They were Dicor. Not so with the Superflex on our current Rockwood. The sealants still look like the day they were originally applied. The only issue I have had was due to Rockwood installing Maxxair vent covers while the sealant was not fully cured. The cover fits so low to the roof using the attachment eyes on the Maxxair fans that the bottom edge of the cover compromised the sealant. I found out while removing the existing sealant around my rear vent that the Superflex membrane will stretch a mile before it tears and inch.

SUPERFLEX
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Jarlaxle wrote:
1968mooney wrote:

I make money making you look like the FOOL YOU ARE. :B

McKannick
Explorer
Explorer
Why is this particular **** so insanely expensive? Dicor stuff is like $13 a tube, cheapest I find this **** is like $43.83 each!
RV Part Shop
2006 Toyota Tundra pulling 2007 Gulfstream Amerilite 21mb, Equal-i-zer hitch :C

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
1968mooney wrote:

John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bucky Badger wrote:
Read this on Tweetys website about the caulk

Hazardous; Cannot be shipped by ground
Your Price : For Local Pickup Only

http://tweetys.com/alpha-systems-inc-n102104t-self-leveliing-all-weather-sealant-11-ounce-tube-beige...

LOL, Tweety must not know his arse from a hole in the ground. I've been getting the stuff shipped to me UPS ground and Fedex every year no matter where I purchase it.

jdb7566 wrote:
Anyone who has ever purchased anything online from CW knows it takes about on week to process, pack, ship and deliver an order. To expect anything else, well, the joke is on you. I've had my issues with CW and take that into consideration when dealing with them.

??? I seem to remember the last time I purchased it online at CW it shipped the next business day, and I had it in in 3 days. This time around it shipped in 5 days (3 of them business days) and tracking says it will be delivered today, so yes, thats a week.

The jokes on them as this will be the last purchase I ever make.

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone who has ever purchased anything online from CW knows it takes about on week to process, pack, ship and deliver an order. To expect anything else, well, the joke is on you. I've had my issues with CW and take that into consideration when dealing with them.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Read this on Tweetys website about the caulk

Hazardous; Cannot be shipped by ground
Your Price : For Local Pickup Only

http://tweetys.com/alpha-systems-inc-n102104t-self-leveliing-all-weather-sealant-11-ounce-tube-beige...
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
jarata1 wrote:
Why would you ever buy from camping world

Good question, I guess because I knew from past experience that finding Alpha Systems sealant in beige is a tough nut and where I was at the time I had iffy net access. If you call Alpha they'll refer you to CW. Most places I have found will only sell an entire case, dicor is not recommended, and when I have found it elsewhere it was outdated product.

It just seems the time to ship something should be more inline with other online vendors. IDK.

Anyway, I received shipping notification an hour ago. Took about 5 days, 5 hours.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You got what you asked for!

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
X2
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad