cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New toyhauler owner question

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Been RV'ing for over 30 years so not a rookie when it comes to how they work. I bought a 19FK Eclipse and didn't get any manuals with it. I'm trying to find the FW drain. I was told it's under the trailer on the bottom of the FW tank. All I see is a inch and a half female fitting with a square plug in it, when I remove it nothing, if you put your finger in there it's solid, like the drain valve was never put in. Other than that there is no other spot that looks like a drain. Can anybody help me find the FW drain.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)
12 REPLIES 12

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Wow I'm glad they took care of it for you.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Something to check out:

http://patriotpowergenerator.info/
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
tuna fisher wrote:
Got it taken care of as a guy sent me a picture of his. It was never installed, it is now.

Perfect!

Can you post the pic here?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Got it taken care of as a guy sent me a picture of his. It was never installed, it is now.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2007 19FK Eclipse theirs only one drain for both the fresh water tanks. Just in front of the left rear wheel in about a foot right under the tank itself.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Scott_PDX wrote:
I don't have the same toy hauler, but...

You don't have multiple FW tanks do you? On mine I have two tanks, and the FW drain is just on one of them. The other has a drain hole, but a plug is installed in it. My tanks are connected with a flexible hose.
Yes 2 tanks linked together drain is on the front tank.

Scott_PDX
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have the same toy hauler, but...

You don't have multiple FW tanks do you? On mine I have two tanks, and the FW drain is just on one of them. The other has a drain hole, but a plug is installed in it. My tanks are connected with a flexible hose.
2001 F-350 Crew Cab: Air Rides, Bilsteins, MBRP
2017 Genesis Supreme 19ss Toy Hauler
Bunch of Motorcycles

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Found a guy with the same model who sent picture. It just was never in stalled. Drilled it out got fittings and installed. It used a 1.5" waste valve. Now have FW drain. I can.t believe in 11 years no one installed a FW drain. It has one now!!! Filled and sitting with bleach in the tanks and lines.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
tuna fisher wrote:
Been RV'ing for over 30 years so not a rookie when it comes to how they work. I bought a 19FK Eclipse and didn't get any manuals with it. I'm trying to find the FW drain. I was told it's under the trailer on the bottom of the FW tank. All I see is a inch and a half female fitting with a square plug in it, when I remove it nothing, if you put your finger in there it's solid, like the drain valve was never put in. Other than that there is no other spot that looks like a drain. Can anybody help me find the FW drain.

is the female fitting glued to the bottom of the tank? is it possible they just did not drill out the tank and install a nipple and valve?
That's what it looks like to me, the female fitting is solid, how it's installed, I don't know but I'm not messing with that. Thinking that add a nipple and valve after drilling a hole in tank. Not doing that though till I find out for sure if that's what happened, don't need to go drilling on the tank to find out that that's not the problem. Tried to get ahold of Eclipse yesterday and when they transferred me to service all I got was leave a message, that doesn't work for me, will try again today.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:

is the female fitting glued to the bottom of the tank? is it possible they just did not drill out the tank and install a nipple and valve?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
When we got our new Crossroads last yet, the drain line wasn't hooked up. Our dealer had to install one for us as a warranty claim. It never has worked right though. They just reinstalled it for me last week. Fingers crossed.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy
I wonder if they didn't tap the tank and install the valve? Can you snap a photo and send it to Eclipse?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon