cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Convert 120vac Drop Cord To 12 volt BATTERY LED Bulb

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the plastic (usually orange color) drop cords have nice long cords some of them 12 feet in length.

This link is to an eBay site that sells A26 LED light bulbs. A26 means screw threads just like old fashioned household light bulbs.

Both warm white and pure white bulbs are available.

Buy a couple of battery clips or cigarette lighter plug with pigtails and there you go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ChiChinLighting-3-pack-12v-led-light-bulb-e27-light-bulb-led-bulbs-12v-Low-v...
4 REPLIES 4

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...I've got a "duplex socket" wired with 12 volt (with a label that says 12 volt) Now with those lights I can run extension cord with light. When someone says I have a real quite generator or if asks if I have elec hook up. I can just smile and say YA, don't you?

(I put in because I was having problems with power to awning, used it like jumper cables, bypassing elec command center or what ever you want call the thing where lots of switches are).

Also I think at one time I did use a 12 volt light bulb that is used in RV ovens. Not sure many moons ago.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Hooking battery clips or a cigarette lighter plug into a duplex receptacle? Fascinating. People who are careless and not mark boxes (I write with marker right on the bulb 12) should not buy this product

Or drive
Or vote
Or own a firearm
Or be left alone after dark
Or do much of anything except click-click-click-click a remote

I guess I work slow ๐Ÿ™‚

Comes with age I guess.

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
There are many battery-powered led light options out there now and the batteries last so long that I rarely use my drop cords anymore, especially when working around the RV.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Poof goes the bulb when someone plugs it into 120VAC.

LEDs with cigarette plugs and cigarette plug extension cords were my eBay choice.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob