Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Xantrex prosine 2000 and Honda 2000 Help

mholman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Xantrex Prosine 2000 and am having trouble with the charge function
when batteries are below about 70% SOC using a Honda 2000 generator. I think the inrush current is causing the problem. The generator does not trip but I loose all 120 volt AC to the trailer. It resets and faults again over and over.
If I hook 2 Hondas together for a total of 4000 watts available it works fine and then I can turn one generator off. Sometimes it will work with 1 2000 watt generator but takes a few tries.
I want to be able to use 1 Honda 2000 watt generator to charge batteries.
I think charger pulls too many amps for a few seconds and lowers voltage to a point that the charger senses it and trips off.
again generator never trips from overload.
any help??
thanks
2018 D/A crew cab standard bed,
2004 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, Dexter/Titan Disc brakes, EZ Flex wet-bolt, CRE 3000 center link suspension, B&W hitch, 5Th Airborne sidewinder pin box.
3 REPLIES 3

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The Honda 2000 only does 13 amps. Dial it down to that.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On the PROSINE there is a setting for "Circuit breaker size"

Try dialing it down to 15 amps.

Can not guarantee. but I do suspect your are correct..

You can also dial down the max current to the batteries (Dial down the AMP: HOURS setting under Battery).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Easy fix. On the inverter panel is a setting for Ac breaker size. Turn that down until the gen will function properly.

I remember mine was about 12 amps. When on shore you can put it back to 30.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman