cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Service news

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
I am always reading about bad experiences with GSRA, at least 2 out of 3 are complaints, but I had a good experience and want to let others know that the service you get will depend more on where you are than who you have as a Roadside Assistance Provider.
We were about 30 miles out of Custer SD in Rapid City when the Truck just shut down. Engine light came on and that was not good, luckily I was able to get to the side of the road. A call to Good Sam and then a few calls back from Good Sam and in less than an hour and a half there was a tow truck to flat tow the truck and another set up to tow the fiver. Can't say enough good about Olsen's Roadside Service: they brought us back to Rapid City to Rapid Diesel and set the truck in a parking spot and the fiver in a spot for us to overnight. Good thing we always carry fresh water and have an onboard generator.
Half an hour before the shop opened Sean McHenry the service manager showed up for work and before opening the door came over to see what had happened, as he wasn't expecting a fiver in the lot. He brought me inside and did all the paperwork and said he would get it in this morning and call me with an estimate, it should be done before the end of the day.
I rented a car from Black Hills motors and we were on the road sightseeing by 9:00. It turned out to be a blessing because we were able to do the Needles Highway in a car, which wouldn't be possible with the dually. Had a call with the fix by noon and back to the shop after returning the car by 4:30 and off to the campground in Custer in time to set up in daylight.
In all it was an easy unexpected occurrence. If you are in the Rushmore area and need diesel help: I can't say enough good things about Rapid Diesel.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)
5 REPLIES 5

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
These are the most recently added forums for people to use as a 'contact/regarding customer service' under the heading of Dear Marcus.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance
Good Sam Club
Good Sam Insurance
Camping World Accessories
Camping World RV Sales
Good Sam Extended Service Plan
Camping World Service and Installation
Coast to Coast

Occasionally the new consumer inadvertently posts their complaint to the wrong forum other than the ones above. So you will see a few complaints in other forums also.

I personally don't blame these new forum members for their complaint posts.

They are joining this forum to simply follow the instructions they see as a further contact to use to try and get a human being to answer them from CW/GS regarding their problems with their RV or services they have paid for.

They are not posting just to complain they are posting in hopes of getting in contact with ANYONE from customer service to return their calls.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
JW of Opechee Shores wrote:
I am always reading about bad experiences with GSRA, at least

2 out of 3 are complaints

, but I had a good experience and want to let others know that the service you get will depend more on where you are than who you have as a Roadside Assistance Provider.....

First of all congrats on your good service experience and taking the time to post about it.

The group of new links that were added to this forum under 'Dear Marcus' for Camping World and Good Sam are posted on numerous websites owned by GS listed as a "CONTACT" link.

That is WHY we see new members posting complaints here about service.

After they do 'NOT' get their phone calls or emails returned by CW and GS customer service, they look for the next form of contact and that IS the links to those new CW GS forums that appear on the website where they purchased their RV and/or on the GS website for ERS services etc.

IMHO adding a link to a forum as a 'contact' for customer service complaints was very thoroughly thought out by GS/CW. I just don't think they planned on quite SO many complaints being posted.:W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Please remember to post about rapid diesel at rvservicereviews.com
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
That's great. Instead of being a nightmare a breakdown turned into a pleasant side trip. It doesn't get much better than that.
Thanks for sharing the positive experience with getting towed.
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Glad it worked out so well for you. Hopefully the repair wasn't too painful either.
Also shows how important it is to have some water ando other essentials on board!