Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this for real ???

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this on Craigslist

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/rvs/d/rv-camper-5th-wheel-warning/6314599942.html
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
15 REPLIES 15

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
It would be interesting to know what FEMA considers "High Levels"

The ATSDR publishes maximum exposure limits for most chemicals, including formaldehyde. We used to use it everyday as a preservative in biology. The whole lab smelled of it.

ATSDR = (Federal) Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry

I guess if you live in a trailer as an emergency shelter the human body ignores formaldehyde but if you are on vacation, it doesn't. Only in America!

Chum lee

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two years AFTER Katrina the CDC was still testing and finding HIGH levels of 'off gassing' in FEMA trailers

FEMA trailers supplied after Katrina came with the following sticker:
"Emergency Living Unit"
(note---Not intended for Recreational Purposes :H )

FEMA later on sold the unused trailers in large blocks at auction with the following stickers slapped in windows (which were subsequently removed prior to resell :S )
Guess that made them OK for Recreational Purposes

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Johno02 wrote:
Give a starving person in this country a Big Mac, not only do they not starve, they hire a lawyer and sue because there was too much mustard on it and it turned their poop yellow, which was offensive and smelled bad. At one time, a FEMA trailer was a lot better than a cardboard box, and with windows open, was still a lot warmer and dryer. And a lot were free.

Years ago I tried to get in a CG on the Gulf Coast about 2 years after a storm hit. The owner told me that he was full up with people still in FEMA trailers and FEMA was paying him 20% more than his normal monthly rent. He had was making more money than he ever had.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
qtla9111 wrote:
FEMA trailers still gassing and affecting people who purchased them or now rent them.

FEMA Trailers Still Gassing

fixed.

that is the most boring video clip I have seen in a long time. dwells on the past, I quit half way through it.
bumpy

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
qtla9111 wrote:
FEMA trailers still gassing and affecting people who purchased them or now rent them.

FEMA Trailers Still Gassing

fixed.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtj6o-cBHQE
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
over 5 years I would assume they have outgassed sufficiently.
bumpy

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist. THE authoritative info source! And, those emails you get about hot stock opportunities? They're good, too.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Give a starving person in this country a Big Mac, not only do they not starve, they hire a lawyer and sue because there was too much mustard on it and it turned their poop yellow, which was offensive and smelled bad. At one time, a FEMA trailer was a lot better than a cardboard box, and with windows open, was still a lot warmer and dryer.

And a lot were free.

todays generation seems to be what can i sue to get for free

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Give a starving person in this country a Big Mac, not only do they not starve, they hire a lawyer and sue because there was too much mustard on it and it turned their poop yellow, which was offensive and smelled bad. At one time, a FEMA trailer was a lot better than a cardboard box, and with windows open, was still a lot warmer and dryer. And a lot were free.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there are small amounts of chemicals in them. After they are built they outgas. After about 6 months the smell is just about gone. There is no danger to anyone. I used my 07 immediately after buying it and none of us are sick!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
i can show you fields of rotting fema trailers in them

Bumpyroad
Explorer