cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are you happy with your HP.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I hit the first hill and the truck started slowing down I initially thought something was wrong. After totaling up the weight of everything in tow and considering how soft the muddy road was that I was on I realized, I'm a little short on power.
[img] Click For Full-Size Image. height=600[/img]
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
36 REPLIES 36

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Well that stinks! Better upload all of my photos before June in case they try to up the costs. Thanks for the heads up guys!

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

harmanrk
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
I'm not understanding something here :h I have the ad free basic package not sure about the cost but it is a once a year fee under ten bucks. I can link my pics to RV.net without any problems. Are you saying in June my basic membership will end?

Cannot say it will end or not. As stated above, a few months ago they changed their policy, and are no longer a 'free photo hosting' site. That's is as far as I read into it, as there are plenty of hosting sites out there, and no reason to PAY for photo hosting.

Ad revenue must not have been enough, as I'm sure they lost a large percent of their users with the change. I know of entire forums that are filled with "This image is no longer available" due to this change.
2017 Ford F250 CC-SB SRW PSD
2013 Solaire 190x

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not understanding something here :h I have the ad free basic package not sure about the cost but it is a once a year fee under ten bucks. I can link my pics to RV.net without any problems. Are you saying in June my basic membership will end?

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
The've changed their policy...now annual fee of $400 is required for 3rd party posting.
B&W Companion

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Got it, they must not allow third party hosting with the basic membership.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is what happens when I try that:

B&W Companion

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
Proper term is grain leg. I have one almost that long (high) and I pull it with a quad.

Some of these augers can get a little heavy for a quad...this one is over 11000 lbs and has 1500 lbs of tongue weight:

Part of the reason I started this thread was to figure out how to post pictures on the forum now that Photobucket doesn't work. I see my pictures are posted as clickable links.....how do I just post an image?

Photobucket works fine for me. Just copy the direct link, click on the IMG tab, than past it in the URL line. add in the height and width. Max is 750 X 750 and you are done.
This is 400 X 500

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
danrclem wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
carringb wrote:
Besides, that tractor on a gooseneck is nothing compared to a pickup on a car trailer behind a Uhaul:

Was that picture taken in............West Virginia or maybe Kentucky?

I don't want to put everybody in Michigan in the same category that you are so I won't comment.

That old pic was taken in Alberta ๐Ÿ™‚ Is there a problem?

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
No problem.

Nice bike man. I love the picture too!

Thanks. I really enjoyed riding it this past summer, with the high light being Logan Pass in Glacier National Park, Montana.
B&W Companion

blt2ski
I would swagger most of the HP use is the soft ground vs the actual weight of the implements. Soft soggy ground will require 2-4 times the HP needed to move a give load vs a hard surface like asphalt or concrete. There is even a difference in HP needed between these to road surfaces, as there is between green or fully curred concrete. With Green needing more HP to move a given load.
I can move a 100,000 lbs of weight with a 10HP motor at 1mph, on harde ground, with proper gearing etc. Soft spongy material will take way more than that!
Or in the case of slow moving items, HP is not as I know it to be the true mover, torque and the multiplication of it thru gearing, or a hydraulic setup so the torque as to a degree infinitely multiply able.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
No problem.

Nice bike man. I love the picture too!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
Proper term is grain leg. I have one almost that long (high) and I pull it with a quad.

Some of these augers can get a little heavy for a quad...this one is over 11000 lbs and has 1500 lbs of tongue weight:

Part of the reason I started this thread was to figure out how to post pictures on the forum now that Photobucket doesn't work. I see my pictures are posted as clickable links.....how do I just post an image?

Go here and put your picture in the box and then copy and paste it in your post.

That is pretty slick. Thanks.

Click For Full-Size Image.
B&W Companion

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:

Go here and put your picture in the box and then copy and paste it in your post.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
SidecarFlip wrote:

B&W Companion