cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel landing gear and etrailer

ike66
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had a bad experience with etrailer? I recently had one of my landing gear legs fail so i decided to upgrade them to the bulldog 10,000lb individual electric legs. Ordered from etrailer on 9/4/17 no mention at time of order that they were not in stock. As of right now they still have not shipped and i have missed two trips that had planned. Has anyone else had any bad delivery problems with etrailer or is this just an isolated experience.
Lon & Laura
Along with Captain (yellow lab) and Morgan (golden retriever)
12 REPLIES 12

sgip2000
Explorer
Explorer
ike66 wrote:
Has anyone had a bad experience with etrailer? I recently had one of my landing gear legs fail so i decided to upgrade them to the bulldog 10,000lb individual electric legs. Ordered from etrailer on 9/4/17 no mention at time of order that they were not in stock. As of right now they still have not shipped and i have missed two trips that had planned. Has anyone else had any bad delivery problems with etrailer or is this just an isolated experience.

Yes, I have. They drop ship many larger/expensive items and don't tell you. Waited for over a month for my WDH.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Etrailer generally has a good reputation but they're not perfect. I think I ordered from them once with no problem.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

7_3_psdman
Explorer
Explorer
I was surprised when I sent in an order awhile back and they said that they would ship in a week to ten days. They had always shipped my orders right away before and the orders arrived in a couple of days. When I asked about this they told me that they are a retailer and that they don't keep everything on hand. So it looks like they don't order it from their source until we order it from them now.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perhaps the problem is not with the vendor but with the manufacturer. Can't ship a product you can't get. Good luck! Hope you get it this time. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ike66
Explorer
Explorer
Guess i will have to do the same thing.

Can't get an answer from them as to when they will ship. Amazon is a little more money but at least i can get them on before it starts to snow here.
Lon & Laura
Along with Captain (yellow lab) and Morgan (golden retriever)

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I am having same problem for the same product.

Just cancelled order from them and ordered through Amazon.

This is the second time in 45 days I have delt with a company like this with similar problem.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
I called Etrailer and ordered new 5er hitch. For free shipping said it could be 7to 10 days. I told them no problem. I had it in 2 days not including order day.
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you want 20000lb of landing legs, in ther I believe is your problems.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Always excellent service and one of the first places I try to buy from. If it's Etrailer, Amazon, ebay or just about any on line order gives a confirmation email, if not I check the order right away.

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased a new set of legs (not bulldog), and they arrived within a week. The problem may be with their supplier. I'd give them a call. They have always been very helpful.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've used them many times and have always had good service.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't had that issue with etrailer but if I needed something within a certain time frame, I would call to place the order where I could ask if it was in stock. I don't trust what web pages say. I've had that issue numerous times when I'm on a big box store site and it will say "3 in stock" at my local store and when i get there, they have none.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.