cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at Motorhomes

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
I know some of the top brand motorhomes Tiffin,Newmar,Monaco but I have seen others not sure of we are looking at older ones from around 2005-2010 doesnt have to be diesel

Are these brand motorhomes even worth the time to look and would they hold up fulltiming

THOR
DOLPHIN
DAMON
HOLIDAY RAMBLER
4 REPLIES 4

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Jarat1, since you are looking at used units, the number one Uno is 'maintenance' !

Holiday Rambler is a Monaco sister product. If it were me, I would stick with a Cummins or CAT engine and not go with the Navistar engine in the Holiday Rambler line if they used them (but, I'm thinking it would be a Cummins as a 2010 was built in 2009).

My brother had a 2005 Damon Astoria that was an entry level diesel. Gave him no unusual problems. He is now on his second Tiffin product.

Remember 'maintenance'!

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We do not full-time, but 3 - 4 months at a time does it for us in ours. And it is holding up very well. See our Signature photo.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Beaver
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
jarata1 wrote:
I know some of the top brand motorhomes Tiffin,Newmar,Monaco but I have seen others not sure of we are looking at older ones from around 2005-2010

Are these brand motorhomes even worth the time to look and would they hold up fulltiming

THOR
DOLPHIN
DAMON
HOLIDAY RAMBLER

Only one of them on that list.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU