cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone planning to buy an iPhone X?

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just like the title says. Is there anyone here planning to buy the iPhone X?

I've talked to a lot of people and I have yet to meet anyone who is planning to purchase this phone. (Myself included)

Thanks,

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
95 REPLIES 95

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I've been pleased with mine. It took a bit to get used to the "buttonless" controls, but a great camera for a phone (and I'm a Nikon photographer) and a far more useful size than my former iPhone 5.

As the the $1K, I guess that's a bit less left for the kids!

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
mich800 wrote:
ljr wrote:
Almost did but got an 8 Plus instead. Partly because I like the big screen. Partly because vendors tend to hold some good stuff back from a much hyped new product like the X. Then, once the initial excitement dies down, an XS or X2 or something will come out.

Iโ€™ll upgrade again in a year or so.

I thought the x and 8+ were very similar size screens.

The X uses more of the front as screen so itโ€™s bigger than an 8 but not an 8+.
Larry

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I broke my $10 Android. I had to upgrade to a $30 Android. I still have the $1,000+ that I didn't spend on an iPhone. I'd hate to break one of those.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
ljr wrote:
Almost did but got an 8 Plus instead. Partly because I like the big screen. Partly because vendors tend to hold some good stuff back from a much hyped new product like the X. Then, once the initial excitement dies down, an XS or X2 or something will come out.

I thought the x and 8+ were very similar size screens.

JTLance
Explorer
Explorer
realter wrote:
Those of you who purchased the X, have you had any regrets?

Nope, love my 10....

Fast as hell!!
best and easiest interface with gestures
more memory than me, for a ton of apps
best battery length (never below 50%)
perfect screen size

As a result, I'm buying my wife one next week. ๐Ÿ™‚

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III

Larry

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Besides that $1000 hole in your pocket? ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Those of you who purchased the X, have you had any regrets?

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
I buy my iphones used and 2 generations old. Haven't spent more than $300 for one yet. I'll get an iphone x for less than $300 too. Just not anytime soon.

As for my home computer, I switched to an iMac 4 years ago and have not looked back for one second. It's been a pleasure to own, and I push it hard with video editing. At $2k dollars, it could melt down tomorrow and has already been a good value!
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
No, I was not running windows under the Mac OS.

babock wrote:
Lol....1996? 21 years ago?

Sounds like he was trying to run with Windows in a virtual mode on his Mac
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

babock
Explorer
Explorer
Lol....1996? 21 years ago?

Sounds like he was trying to run with Windows in a virtual mode on his Mac

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
The software I needed to use required the Mac to run in "real mode" (whatever that is). Time frame is about 1996 iirc. The next year, even though I had maxed out the ram, the new OS could not run the software in the amount of ram I had in "real mode".

paulcardoza wrote:
Sorry, but I call baloney on this claim..........

pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I paid 6,000.00 for a Mac Laptop that was obsolete inside of 13 months.

sounds obsolete to me. unless you drink the Mac purple koolade.
bumpy

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The software I needed to use required the Mac to run in "real mode" (whatever that is). Time frame is about 1996 iirc. The next year, even though I had maxed out the ram, the new OS could not run the software in the amount of ram I had in "real mode".

paulcardoza wrote:
Sorry, but I call baloney on this claim..........

pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I paid 6,000.00 for a Mac Laptop that was obsolete inside of 13 months.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
babock wrote:

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you spend $4K on a Dell Laptop?

mid/late 90s. at that time (and here I am guessing) the "normal" PC had 4 or 8 megs? of memory. a high powered one had 16? I paid for 24 or so and memory was expensive at that time.
bumpy