cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

U.S.Naval Academy camping

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
Our son is in his junior year at the U.S. Naval Academy and as I have been searching Google Earth for campgrounds on the eastern shore of Maryland I see that there is a campground at the U.S. Naval Ship Research and Development Center. Can anyone provide us with any information concerning the requirements of being qualified to stay there during our son's graduation in 2019?
7 REPLIES 7

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
NEnative wrote:
Thank you for your help(and more so for your service). I will ask my son to look into it from his end and I will call that phone number to inquire also.

If that does not work out look at http://koa.com/campgrounds/washington-dc/

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
You mentioned Eastern Shore CGs. The closest ones would be Martinak SP, Denton & Tuckahoe SP just off 404. Both very nice but require crossing the chesapeake bay bridge to get to Annapolis (toll for eastbound no charge westbound).
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your help(and more so for your service). I will ask my son to look into it from his end and I will call that phone number to inquire also.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We drove through the campground in early April 2014.

It is hilly and will be a challenge to get your rig level. But I would stay there if I was back in the area.

The military campgrounds web site is the place to start.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
If he is in the military and camps, this web site is the place for the most up to date info.

Comprehensive place for US military campgrounds

Their eligibility info is pretty accurate too.

The local commander often has leeway to expand eligibility. Not sure about Naval Academy, but West Point allows RV overnights for football games and graduations on site in one parking lot. You might find that info on the Naval Academy web site.
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
This may be the phone number of the campground,(410)293-9200. The web site for US Military say it is the correct, but it is not always right. You can call and ask about the campground, but your son being the military member will have to make reservations. I am a retired Department of Defense (DOD) civilian employee and love staying in Military campgrounds whenever possible.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Your son would have to be there to check you in, I'm not sure about whether he would have to stay with you while you visit.
www.militarycampgrounds.us
has the contact information for that facility on their site so you could get more info there.