cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 allegro bus changed out king dome for weigand t4

TROPYEK
Explorer
Explorer
have 2008 allegro bus removed kingdome unable to get weigand T4 antenna operating, there is a tuner box on drawing for kingdom that everything is connected to that cable is connected does anyone know where this is located.

Thanks John
13 REPLIES 13

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You have to get a dedicated coax from the T4 to the receiver and a dedicated 12V power supply to the antenna. There cannot be any splitter or power supplies from the old antenna. It's just a straight run. 1 coax end to end and 1 12V line end to end.

yes but as said you simply use the two Coax lines that tiffin used for the dome; when u remove the dome controller you simply join the coax;; Looking at T4 install you will have to run a 12V power supply
on the 6002 the receiver powers the antenna

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have to get a dedicated coax from the T4 to the receiver and a dedicated 12V power supply to the antenna. There cannot be any splitter or power supplies from the old antenna. It's just a straight run. 1 coax end to end and 1 12V line end to end.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Run a new dedicated coax from the antenna on the roof to the receiver inside the coach and let us know what happens.
The dome is setup for DirecTV from the factory. Are you using DirecTV or Dish?
What kind of receiver are you using?

all u do is disconnect the old dome control unit and join the coax and use factory installed coax works just fine and is easy to do

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
TROPYEK wrote:
Doug it is a 2008 allegro bus, 40 ft.

the cables and box are behind the front center tv ;;you can remove the upper right speaker grill and remove the tuner system and join the coax
at least my 2008 Allegro bus is this way and what I did so I could put a dish net sat antenna and used the existing factory coax cables
works out very nicely

the Tiffin dual factory coax cables will work fine for your T4;; one is direct to rear receiver(bedroom) and the front or midship TV factory coax will need a joiner to bypass the dome controller
you will need to run a voltage supply line;; on a 6002 the receiver powers the sat antenna

TROPYEK
Explorer
Explorer
Doug and Bill, Thanks for your response, please excuse for not getting back, had a little problem just getting back to RV, disconnecting everything today. I can hear weingard searching and stopping has to be tuner connections.

Thanks

doublev
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what i didโ€”
Add Apple TV to each TV
Bought Direct TV NOW.
I have netflix, hulu, amazon prime video i use st home
Cell plan has unlimited data

Now i get satellite, netflix, hulu everything just like home.. anywhere on the road. One small remote controls everything. I have a 2008 coach. Dont try to duplicate 10 yesr old technology? Throw out DVD player, old ipod dock, etc

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Run a new dedicated coax from the antenna on the roof to the receiver inside the coach and let us know what happens.
The dome is setup for DirecTV from the factory. Are you using DirecTV or Dish?
What kind of receiver are you using?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

TROPYEK
Explorer
Explorer
Disconnected all controllers, switchers and power supplys from old kingdome to new T4 traveler ran new CCTV cable from new antenna along with 12+ got no action on antenna, had no luck couldn't make it work. Thanks for your help

TROPYEK
Explorer
Explorer
thanks you guys just landed at bus going to operate now. will let you know. Its my grandsons birthday and one of his birthdaywished he could go to jets game tomorrow and tailgate

John

HD8100A
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the King Dome last year on our 2007 Allegro bus. The converter box was behind the panel in the over head cabinet in front of the passenger seat. Ours has a 120 outlet in that cabinet which supplied power to the converter so I traced it down by the power cord going to the converter.

TROPYEK
Explorer
Explorer
Doug it is a 2008 allegro bus, 40 ft.

TROPYEK
Explorer
Explorer
Doug Thank you so much, I had thought it was a simple installation looking at drawing from weingard it would have been if I knew were tuners were. headed over there in a little while. I'll let you know.

Thanks, John

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I guess you are trying to use the Coax cable from the KingDome for the WINEGARD T4 SAT ANTENNA. The KingDomes coax goes to a tuner box and ALL the tunerboxes and controls must be removed for your T4 to work. On Tiffin they installed the King Dome Tuners in 4 places depending on year and model
1. BEHIND the center overhead LCD TV above the dash. You must remove the TV for access to the Tuners and coax cables
2. BEHIND the overhead access cabinet in front of the drivers side Dash
3. BEHIND the Same type access Cabinet in front of the Pass seat
4. Beside the drivers chair the overhead cabinet had access panels where the Inverter and slide switches. Some models had them there. Doug