cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window latch

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
DW went to open her sliding window and the bracket attached to window came off in her hand. Now how do I get it back on.calss a .
11 REPLIES 11

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, haven't mastered the picture thing.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
On the other hand, since DW broke the RV, you have good excuse to shop around for upgrade.
That said, picture is worth 1000 words and will save you hundreds of replies that don't apply to your window.

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE. Thanks for the info.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest determining what company made the window, and looking online or contacting them for help and information if I could not figure out what was going on myself. There are only a few companies that make the majority of RV windows. Sometimes they have some diagrams online showing how the windows are assembled. (My RV windows are Hehr International windows, and some of them are sliders that are generally similar to what you describe. They have field service manuals available from their website.)

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's like a U channel that slides over the edge of the window I'd check with a windshield replacement person and see if the glue they use to hold windshields on would work. Just an idea. could even try a thin piece of rubber to put over the glass and force the channel back on.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

MrWizard
many different styles window latches
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Moved from Forum Technical Support

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I needed one of item B801 for my rig.
Window parts
Depends on what make of windows.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Oh. DW was trying to open window and the part separated from window. What more can I say?

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
well, naturist. It was my mistake where I posted it and I didn't know how to change it.Thank you. And I don't see what make and model has to do with it. It's a class a sliding window .and the handle did come off. What else is needed? Coachman Marisa 2013 34 bunk house 16888 miles silver in color v 10 Ford engine on f53 chassis (ford).part is vertical and has the latch attached to it. There is a rubber insert in metal part. The part goes from top of window to bottom of window.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I've notified a moderator to move this message.

Given this has nothing to do with web site technical details, moving it to a more appropriate forum will be more likely to garner the attention of folks more likely to be able to help.

Also it would be more helpful to know the make and model of the RV in question as well as what, exactly happened. It is very difficult to answer the question "my car broke, how do I fix it" without more detail.