cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

just got the weirdest message from Norcold

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
Norcold (maybe a scam) left my special needs son a message about a recall on a Norcold RV refrigerator. Here's the problem, we don't have an RV although we are picking up a new one next week which has a Domestic.

Back in 2001, I did buy an S&S Truck Camper which did have a Norcold in it. I gave that camper away back in 2010.

My son, who was 18 at the time, has never owned car or a RV. My name was on the paperwork.

I assume this is the refrig they reference. I am not calling them back as they said they needed a lot of information, hence my thought this is a scam or an attorney looking for clients.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition
14 REPLIES 14

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I'd ignore it too.
BTW, your new RV has a "Dometic".

Scott, I suspect you're right. Will let you know Tuesday.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Norcold or Dometic may have a large check for you.I would call to see!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It may or may not be a scam. There are ways to tell.

First if you still have the message in your inbox. IF using WEB MAIL you can hover over the sender. Many web mail sites and browsers will give you the address of the sender (less they have smoked it) most scammers these days do not smoke.. I have a friend, I'll call her Mary, If she were a few years older I'd likely make her an offer.. but alas she is still working so full time RVing is out of the question.. Back to topic.

I keep getting messages that claim to be from here but the sender's address.. Well one was in the UK and another in Georgia and another.. I forget where. NOT ONE OF THEM is from her real address NOTE: I have no idea what the scam is. I deleted the messages un-opened. (Also my Mail service flagged 'em as SPAM).

If you see something like 'Customerservice@norcold..." or "Recalls@Norcold.." Odds are it is legit.

Since you once HAD a norcold odds are it is legit

But since you no longer have a norcold HIT THE DELETE key and don't worry about it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I joined in on the Norcold Class Action law suite. About a month ago I received an email stating that it was from Norcold and that my claim will be denied unless I sent them more information. I did not sent any information but still received a check. So I assume that the email was a phishing email and a rip off.

JimR

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I would alert the party to whom you gave the unit so they might check to see if the model is on the current recall list but I would not contact the party who sent the message.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
It is probably on the level there have been several recalls issued, however If you do not have it any longer there is really no reason to call back. So I would forget about it
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
I'd ignore it too.

Are you sure the OP does not have a
Domestic fridge in the new RV?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'd ignore it too.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
jkwilson wrote:
Chances are it is legit. There are safety recalls on Norcold products of that vintage and you are probably still listed as the purchaser in their old records. Why they called your son is a mystery, but probably somebody was trying to track you down and just missed.

Very good chance^^^^^

BUT....YOU no longer have it so forget it.

Course it could be SCAM and son now owns 3 RVs 2 trucks and membership in an RV Resort.

Have you checked credit reports?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chances are it is legit. There are safety recalls on Norcold products of that vintage and you are probably still listed as the purchaser in their old records. Why they called your son is a mystery, but probably somebody was trying to track you down and just missed.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
probably that prince in Nigeria
bumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Don't call back and forget the whole thing.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
X2, forget it.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I'd forget about it.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB