Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for fresh water drain

Fiver_Driver1
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Alpenlite Augusta 32RL
I cannot find a drain for the fresh water tank. Uncapped two flex hoses hanging underneath the water heater on the right side where you usually find the drain. Water only comes out when the water pump is operating. There must be a better way but I haven't found anything else that looks like a fresh water drain beneath the trailer.

Any ideas?

P.S. I am not a newby, this is my fourth fifth wheel.
8 REPLIES 8

Fiver_Driver1
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Coleman pull trailer for a few months. The panel showed three waste tanks but it actually had only two. It looks like the Alpenlite is the same way.

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
My AF has a similar setup - although it's labeled making it much easier to identify. Fresh tank has the same type of guillotine valve as the others except it dumps directly from the fresh water tank to the ground instead of going out through the dump hose connection. I'm really surprised you don't have 3 other valves (black, grey-bath, grey-kitchen). I'm pretty sure my brother's Alpenlite Valhalla is set up that way.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

7_3_psdman
Explorer
Explorer
Glad that it was fresh water that gushed out at you. Were you taking videos in case it wasn't the fresh water valve?

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
wow driver, good post, that one was definitely over my head. :R

Fiver_Driver1
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the fresh water drain on my 05 Alpenlite fifth wheel:

Thanks for all your replys. Even the dealer I bought the fiver from did not know where the drain was.

The panel showing amounts in the tanks showed three tanks. There was the black water and gray water tank on the left side of the trailer with pull handles for draining. Also there was an identical pull handle by the entrance steps on the right side of the trailer. I assumed it was for the kitchen drain. Just to make sure I pulled the handle and fresh water gushed from the center of the fresh water tank. Problem solved. Even the books with the trailer did not give a clue.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you looked under slide out between the wheels and/or for/aft of wheels
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Different brand, but my 2007 Montana has a small capped pipe near the rear of the trailer for fresh water tank drain. Also has two small pipes under area near water heater, but those are my low point drains and do not drain the fresh water tank. If you know where the fresh water tank is located, the drain should be under that area, if it has one.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Trace the lines from the FW tank to where they exit through the floor. While I don't have a unit like yours, my drain would not drain either and last year I was forced to pump the FW tank dry (almost) with the on board pump. You don't need to drain it entirely dry, if a bit of water freezes in the bottom, no big deal, won't hurt anything, however, I found that I had a blockage in the drain line so I blew the line backwards with compressed air. Problem solved.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB