cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Daughter's Jayco 2014 28BHBE

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
They bought it at the end of the season and got a very good price on it. It immediately went into storage until the spring of 2015. That is when the "fun" began.

During their first trip, the Attwood water heater would not re-light. Dealer refused to service it under warranty as "adjustments" were only covered for 90 days. After out of pocket adjustment charge (bent igniter) and 3 trips back, they gave up. We installed new thermostatic switches and it works "most of the time".

Later that year, the awning arm collapsed after a light overnight rain. It was kinked so bad they had to call a RV repair service and spend an extra day getting the awning to retract. Out of warranty but I have a plan for repair that will make it "better than new". (The aluminum in the arms is only slightly thicker than aluminum foil !)

At the end of that year they decided that an awning for the slide out was a good idea. The following spring, they called Camping World and order one and scheduled installation. Next trip, the awning literally ripped of of the siding. When they went back to Camping World they said "You order the wrong style awning and there is a flaw in it !" Reply, "You order it and installed it ! Why wasn't the proper unit ordered and why was a flawed one installed ?"

A trip a couple of months ago, the push button on the light above the sink died. Plan is to swap it with the one in the bedroom.

They have 4 kids under 8. Sometimes there is some "rough housing". The little bench seat in front of the bedroom partition got caved in completely by the kids.

Standard joke is, "what did you break this time ?"
2 REPLIES 2

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my! I'm sorry.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate