cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

19' Adventurer made for Fraserway in Canada by ALP

egraham848
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone rented or bought (used) an Adventurer manufactured by ALP in Yakima? We are considering the purchase of a used unit but have not been able to find any information about the build quality.

This is NOT the Winnebago Adventurer --- it's the Class C built by ALP for the Canadian RV rental company, Fraserway in British Columbia.

For reasons that are (seriously!) much too long to go into, we have to buy our RV in Canada, not in the U.S. and are considering either an Adventurer or a Roadtrek 210 Popular.

All input wil be gratefully received!
2 REPLIES 2

egraham848
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much for your detailed post about your experience! We used to live in Vancouver, B.C. and I recall having a similar bad experience with an RV dealership when we were looking for a used travel trailer in 2004 (we eventually bought one on the private market).

I have so far had no response to my request for Specifications on an Adventurer 19, from the Toronto-area Fraserway operation.

Thanks again, and kind regards,
E.Graham

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Three years ago I went to buy a Adventurer 19 at the dealer in Calgary. I was told that it was the best used RV available in the country, it was in amazing shape and I would be VERY impressed. My son and I drove two and a half hours to look at it, first impression was it was in good shape but sure not great shape. A lot of the fit and finish was falling apart from use, and it looked used. Took it for a test drive and we managed to get it up to 100kmph and at that speed I could not talk to my son sitting behind me at the table as the wind noise was insane. The salesperson was with me and thought it was acceptable that you could not talk while driving and she could not understand what the problem was.

Since then I have heard a number of complaints from their camper and truck camper on new unites of issues like doors not closing, pieces falling off, and many times they did not stand behind the warranty telling one person that he caused the damage on a new unit by using it.

Saying all that you may hear from people that like their units but this is my opinion on the units.

As far as the dealer that you have to buy from Fraserway I can only say be careful. Three weeks ago my family and I were in Calgary and thought we would look at a class B that I have been eying. The only dealer in Calgary with one in stock was Fraserway the same one we test drove the 19' from. After the previous gong show and lies I was hesitant to go there but we decided that we would stop in as it was on our way and at least look at the unit to know if I was interested in the layout. A sales person took us to the Class B and the batteries were all dead, when she tried starting it all the alarms from tire pressure on up went off. She went and got it boosted and it died when she brought it to us. When I finally could look at it the unit was a pig pen - garbage on the floor, in the cupboards, stains everywhere including a prominent satin of human cause on the mattress. I looked down on the floor for what the clearance was between the table and a cabinet and the salesperson must have thought I noticed something there and then admitted to me that the floor needed to be rebuilt as it was rotten - on a unit less than two years old. She told me I should drive it even after I insisted that I did not want to and as we left the dealer's lot she told me I would have to be quick as the unit was out of fuel and if we stopped and shut the unit off we could not get it going so we could not fuel up. Yup I was not impressed, turned around after a couple block went back and we took off ASAP out of that lot!

Side Note: I asked about a warranty on the ex rental and was told "Our units are in such amazing shape that you do not need a warranty", the salesperson also said that I could not even purchase an separate warranty if I wanted one. Since then another person mentioned that each Fraserway dealer is either run or owned separately so your experience may be different.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks