cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need peace of mind

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, I'm picking up my RV on October 9th.

I'd like to know what options the unit has. I have some idea, but some are listed on the page without explanation.

Newmar 3414. It should be the 50 amp service with 2 air conditioners. but how do I know? Waiting to hear back from dealer, but a little antsy in the meantime.

If anyone has a list of options with the Newmar part numbers, that'd be great.

Thanks.
Monkeyman, Lady and little chimp
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid TOAD
13 REPLIES 13

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, don't throw me under a bus guys! LOL

No, when we were there I did check it for all the options we wanted...and it had them.

I was showing the rig to a friend on the dealer website and noticed it said "30 amps, 13500 AC". I was like WHAT??? Is this a typo? E-mailed my sales guy and asked for verification (they're busy post show, so didn't get a quick answer).

Called the DW and had her send me a photo of the sales sheet. I read the sales sheet and the option for 50 amp, dual 13,500 ac/heat pump and 5500 watt generator with power monitoring control wasn't listed in english, it just had the code and said "Option Pkg". All other options had a text descriptor. So, in what I would describe as PANIC, my brain was putting me into a loop. I kept wondering if I saw things right or was that another unit etc, etc.

In any case, problem averted. We're all good.
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Monkeyman_and_Lady wrote:

I'd like to know what options the unit has. I have some idea, but some are listed on the page without explanation.

Newmar 3414. It should be the 50 amp service with 2 air conditioners. but how do I know? Waiting to hear back from dealer, but a little antsy in the meantime.

Thanks.

https://www.newmarcorp.com/dealer-resources/

A copy of the order sheet is necessary - If in doubt list what you think you are getting - send it as a confirmation so the renegotiation will begin.

Look over the web site from Newmar and see What's What.

:?
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Bruce_Brown
rwjejits wrote:
So you have put a down payment on brand new RV without knowing what options it has as well as how many AC units?

I certainly won't throw him under the bus, no pun intended. Sometimes buying a new MH gets a bit overwhelming and you forget/didn't even think of every part of the deal.

I applaud the OP for taking a step back and asking questions. He hasn't picked it up yet so if there is something he just can't live with there is still time to make a correction.

On a side note, our first Newmar gasser only had 1 AC, 30 amp, and single pane windows; that thing cooled better than any MH we owned before or since. You literally could get that thing down to meat locker.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Y-Guy
How do I put photos on here?

An easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag & drop a photo, then copy & paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. Here is the link just click here.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks.

Did you order it with the 50amp, 2 a/c option? If you didn't, it will be 30 amp. Did you order with the 5.5kw generator, or is it being built with the standard 4.0? What about slide toppers, 4 door fridge, inverter? Sounds like you have some investigation to do. :h
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
actually buying from a local dealer...but when I did research they had good data. They had the entire options list with codes on their site. Put my mind at ease.
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I think you have nothing to worry about .... RVOne would not have a coach coming in that had the necessities...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
DUH! I had a quote from RVOne! They list the option number that I needed to see. Hot ****! I have that option!

How do I put photos on here?
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't seen a Class A in recent years at any shows that had anything less than 50amp service, and I have no reason to believe that your new coach will be different. I would also guess that 2 a/c units are the standard for 30' or greater units. It's hard to cool the coach with just one unit. Like said above, easy to tell....look at the roof.

Look forward to seeing some photos of your new coach!!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Bruce_Brown
If you have a copy of the window sticker I could probably tell you.

In the mean time, maybe try doing a build & price and see what you find.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think there are a couple a/c options (13.5 vs 15) the 50amp option They (the a/c) arent described on the order form separately ?the brochure indicates 50 amps gives you 2 13.5 heat pump a/c all in one
Bill

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The plug on a 50 amp power cord will have four terminals, versus a 30 amp cord that only has three. The two air conditioners will be readily visible on the coach roof, one near the front and one near the rear.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure you allready have This
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40